Wilmington, DE Description:
Tech Lead (C#)
Location: Wilmington, DE
Overview: Manages the activities of several Technology Team Leaders or units and responsible for each Team's/unit's development and systems support efforts. Provides day-to-day direction for the units and applications in line with goals of department and the clients they support. Responsible for managing client relations and expectations. Manages the project queue for their area. Strives to achieve individual and organizational objectives at minimum cost.
- Manage and participate in consults with client management in the analysis of short-range business requirements and recommend innovations that anticipate future impact of changing business requirements. Responsible for building a positive client relationship.
- Monitor the technology direction of the industry and vendor applications.
- Research and initiate change to the status quo, when necessary.
- Responsible for vendor and product analysis and recommendations.
- Oversee application development, support testing efforts, technology infrastructure/project management and other technology domains.
- Serve as subject matter expert in assigned area of responsibility.
- Build rapport within the organization. Communicate and develop a professional level of communication and cooperation.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and professional organizations.
- Control the activities of the teams, assign personnel to various projects and direct their activities.
- Ensure completion of schedules. Responsible for short-term staffing planning.
- Implement technology consistent with Division standards and long-range plans. Ensure adherence to all Department and Technology standards and procedures, including all documentation requirements.
- May translate requirements to assist staff in preparing detailed specifications for system enhancements. Manage recommended designs based on business and technology requirements. Identify issues and concerns.
- Manage monitoring project plans; may coordinate major project activities. Remain current on activities outside the team that may impact the team or client environment.
- Develop and manage multiple cost center budgets.
- Recommend and initiate new policies and procedures that improve the performance and effectiveness of the Department.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the client's brand.
- Maintain client's internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of an Associate's degree and 7 years' technology or systems management/leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 9 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years' technology or systems management/leadership experience
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature
- Proficiency with project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Complete understanding of the system development life cycle
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience encouraging teamwork and serving as role model when leading and directing others
- Understand technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 10 years' technology management or large program leadership experience
- Extensive application and product knowledge experience with skills, application(s) and functions of technology area led
- Subject Matter Expert understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
- Understanding of multiple business area's functions
- Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities
- Experience with skills, application(s) and functions of technology area
- Good understanding of the Bank's application framework
- Aware of the Bank's business plan and strategic objectives with ability to shape direction
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Understanding business(es) supported and its' terminology
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com