Do you want to kick-start your career and gain transferable experience including leadership development?
Are you looking to return home at the end of the day feeling fulfilled and accomplished by giving back to the community?
If you answered YES, then consider joining DevereuxCorps!
DevereuxCorps is the first step in a cause-minded, mission-driven career, providing evidence-based training, mentoring opportunities, and leadership connections.
By joining DevereuxCorps, you will:
- Serve humanity by helping to enrich the lives of some of the most vulnerable members of society
- Choose the child or adult population of individuals you are most passionate about impacting
- Gain valuable supervisory skills and management mentoring before moving on to advanced education, continuing a rewarding career in healthcare or human services, or embarking on other career choices
- Experience various cultures from different countries, regions, and states for a unique and diverse life perspective and experience. Devereux offers multiple locations throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and 12 additional states
Being a DevereuxCorps Direct Care Professional (DCP) has its advantages
At Devereux, you'll work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need.
- A culture that upholds a Servant Leadership perspective
- Growth and Promotion Opportunities
- A fun, supportive environment where you can participate in treatment plans as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team
- Ongoing professional development opportunities and the ability to interface with many levels of Leadership
- BENEFIT ELIGIBILITY AFTER 30 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT (1st day of the 1st pay period after 30 days).
As a DevereuxCorps DCP, you will use your experience and education in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Education, or another related field to:
- Supervise the planning, implementation, and documentation of program activities and leisure time designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of our individuals
- Coach and assist our individuals in achieving their goals for daily living skills, including cooking, cleaning, budgeting, shopping, and personal hygiene
- Plan and participate in community outings, shopping trips, and day programs/school
- Be a mentor to other staff, conduct observations, and provide feedback for required training
- Support and facilitate individual and group interventions and therapeutic activities, including but not limited to life skills and social skills, per treatment plans and program expectations
- Assist in maintaining a safe and compassionate treatment environment, including time on and off facility grounds and during transportation
Devereux Pennsylvania Children's Services, located in West Chester, PA , provides a variety of assessment, treatment, and educational services to male and female children and adolescents (6-21 years of age) with diagnoses of intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and concomitant psychiatric and behavioral challenges. DPACS services include: two Approved Private Day schools, community-based mental health services, community-based employment training and social skills training, therapeutic foster care and a full-time residential program.
Learn More about Being a Direct Care Professional at Devereux!
- Supporting Children and Adolescents with Autism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kbo8EozmWE
- Supporting Children and Adolescents with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOmCH35FdiY
- Supporting Children and Adolescents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGFG3fGpfXM
- Supporting Adults with Emotional, Behavioral, and Cognitive Differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRoAff5Q7JM
What is Devereux doing to support and protect the health and safety of our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Devereux is committed to the health and safety of our staff. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of communicable disease prevention including COVID-19. We adhere to all mandates and guidelines in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization and practice all protocols that protect the health and safety of our staff. To learn more of how Devereux is supporting and protecting our staff during the pandemic, please visit https://jobs.devereux.org/.
Web Reference : AJF/412570377-202
Posted Date : Mon, 03 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe