Product Development Test Engineer (VT)
Our client is seeking a Product Development Test Engineer to lead our developmental turbomachinery testing activities. The ideal candidate should have:
As a Product Development Test Engineer, you will:
- At least 5 years of experience with instrumentation and/or controls (temperature, pressure, rotating speed measurement, data acquisition systems, servo motor controls, etc.).
- Ability to plan hardware assembly and testing, utilizing the latest technologies.
- Hands-on practical experience with turbomachinery related products is a plus.
- Career path to Lab Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on several clean-sheet turbomachinery hardware projects at a time. Example prototype projects include fuel pumps for the next-generation rockets, air dynamometers, advanced diffuser technology, reverse Brayton refrigeration systems and more.
- Work with a team of world-class experts in turbomachinery and highly capable support staff in other business units.
- Apply engineering principles in statics, dynamics, fluid flow, heat transfer, and mechanical design to develop, build, and test experimental hardware, and specialized products.
- Experience the benefits of working in a New England town, such as exceptional opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, excellence in medical centers and schools, and cultural amenities offered by Dartmouth College.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Collaborate with other engineering staff to design prototype hardware and test facilities.
- Schedule and coordinate activities of mechanical technicians.
- Plan assembly activities and prototype testing.
- Assemble and test development and production rigs and equipment.
- Calibrate and install instrumentation.
- Conduct testing and perform test data analysis.
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent, MS preferred.
- Demonstrated skills leading technical projects in a R&D prototyping environment. Fundamental understanding of turbomachinery principles is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with building/testing/troubleshooting turbomachinery, including instrumentation and controls. Experience with LabView DAQ software development is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be US citizen or US permanent resident.