Locations: Open to remote, ideally sit in one of tech hubs including (Johnston, RI - Westwood, MA - Phoenix, AZ - Dallas, TX - Charlotte, NC - Franklin/Nashville, TN - Stamford, CT)
We are looking for smart, committed, and technology driven Platform Engineering talent that will drive the way Citizens Bank implements, deploys, supports and operates digital platform for consumer banking. The focus is on enabling engineering teams with guidance and tools to deliver frequent, high quality and reliable components as part of our digital platform. This role would also help strategize the evolution to a continuous delivery world. This person would partner closely with a rotating group of platform developers on security, automation, observability and cloud architecture/technology. They will work closely with Security, Infrastructure, Risk, Middleware, Application Teams, and other areas of the company to ensure continuous delivery and DevOps are influenced throughout the value chain.
Primary responsibilities include:
Platform Software Delivery
- Design and implement business critical cloud based Platform solutions with automation-first mindset, observability, container design patterns and best of breed cloud tools and architecture practices
- Collaboratively solves business and technology problems in partnershp with key stakeholders from Digital Platform team, security, enterprise architecture and product owners
- Contribute to container, microservices application code base and architecture with a focus on optimization for performance, reliability, scalability, security, observability and cost
- Develop and implement solutions for non-functional requirements with a focus on automation, whitebox monitoring, and modularity for broad re-use across system components
- Design and implement CI/CD deployment pipelines and test automation frameworks based on best practices to enable frequent, high quality releases
- Define and implement application deployment strategies based on application type
- Assist with guiding, growing and training agile engineering teams to optimize service quality and ensure adoption of container, microservices, and operational best practices
- Ensure the effective capture of application telemetry, logging and monitoring of all aspects of system and application behavior to facilitate fast detection and issue resolution
- Design and develop operational tools and services needed to effectively operate system components at scale
- Understanding and adherence to operational processes ensuring audit-ability, risk and compliance with ISO and industry standards (includes Incident, Problem and Change Management)
- Continually evaluate service and infrastructure usage to effectively manage performance, capacity and cost - automating solutions, removing toil wherever possible
- Participate as a member of the broader SRE community to develop tools and services that enable automated operations
- Contribute to technical documentation required to guide on-call engineers and on-board team members
- Maintain system wide health and proactively seek out potential issues, address with component teams
- Proactively and continuously drive system wide quality improvements by undertaking thorough root cause analysis for major incidents with component engineering teams
- Provide training and coaching in a capacity as Subject Matter Expert to other engineers
- 5+ years of hands-on, progressive full-stack software development experience developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor software engineers
- Experience in querying, analyzing and handling big data
- Experience with Akamai required
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including handling sensitive assets
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent.)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and social skills around teamwork, enduring leadership, curiosity and a voracious appetite to learn.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect
- Detailed understanding of data structures such as linked lists, hashmaps, graphs etc.
- Experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- Understanding of banking systems and consumer banking operations
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch and NoSQL data stores.
- Big data experience with technologies like Hadoop and Spark.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's OR Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Web Reference : AJF/416844287-202
Posted Date : Fri, 23 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Citizens. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe