Dynamet Incorporated, a subsidiary of Carpenter Technology Corporation, is a leading domestic and international supplier of high quality titanium alloys for the aerospace, medical, consumer, and transportation industries. Design engineers rely on Dynamet for the highest quality titanium wire, bar, fine wire, strip, powder, and shaped products in which light weight, strength, bio-compatibility and corrosion resistance are important.
For nearly 50 years, Dynamet has been delivering excellence and innovation in the manufacture of titanium and other specialty metal products and has earned an international reputation as the premier supplier of heading wire and bar to manufacturers of aerospace fasteners and medical grade titanium for medical applications including medical devices and implants. Dynamet is currently searching for the following:
TITLE: Senior Metallurgist
LOCATION: Washington, PA
- Responsible for making disposition of referred, non-conforming and off-standard material, including but not limited to RMRs and customer claims.
- Demonstrates ability to provide training and education to Dynamet staff and customers
- Applies statistical methods to solve problems and design experiments.
- Assists in the use of SPC, six-sigma and/or Business Process Improvement (BPI) tools to detect process inefficiencies.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve processes, products or services.
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Ensures a safe workplace environment.
- Promotes ways to improve the quality of life and protect the environment in the communities in which the Company does business.
- Effectively manages small projects or sub-teams, including coordination of resources outside of own area.
- Forecasts and plans resource requirements for small projects or sub-teams.
- Monitors and controls costs within own work and may manage costs for small projects or areas.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; guides the work of other staff members.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- May provide support, leadership, and guidance to peers, customers, and managers in key projects
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science or related field preferred. Associate degree required.
- Experience with processing Titanium alloys.
- Specialized knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards, methods and practices.
- Specialized knowledge of metallurgical and production equipment.
- Knowledge of Ni/Co superalloys is beneficial.
- Awareness of newest and latest technologies available.
- Understanding of the application of statistics, six sigma and BPI practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen intently.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions. Provide support and guidance to peers, customers and manage key projects and teams and opportunities with minimal assistance.
- Ability to apply SPC, six-sigma and BPI tools in projects within functional area.
- Experience applying statistical methods of decision making and delivering results on time
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and ever changing mill/manufacturing environment.
- Ability to recognize and work with potential new products and partners.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Web Reference : AJF/312319460-202
Posted Date : Thu, 23 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Carpenter Technology. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe