The Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) business unit currently has an opening for a Project Manager to lead ongoing VACIS product development and product delivery activities.
Responsible for driving new and variant VACIS product development initiatives to completion/production readiness in support of near term customer procurement efforts. Position will require regular interaction with both internal and external stakeholders to meet specific product requirements, schedule and cost objectives. Position includes delivery of the product to the field and ongoing product sustaining efforts to support long-term maintenance.
Specific activities shall include:
- Develop product specifications against customer and derived requirements.
- Lead engineering resources to develop product to meet or exceed defined requirements.
- Communicate contract requirements to functional teams via regular project meetings.
- Ensure product design meets the technical, cost and schedule metrics as provided by management.
- Lead product specific contract proposal efforts towards successful award.
- Execute product delivery contracts to include production, installation and customer acceptance in the field.
- Monitor and report project EAC, as well as agreed upon technical, cost, schedule, contract, and customer satisfaction metrics at monthly program reviews.
- Upon transition to product support, monitor product field reliability to ensure full customer satisfaction.
- Day to day POC with the customer for active contracts.
- Support account manager in customer related marketing activities.
- Ability to pass TSA suitability background check
- Requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in technical or management field.
- Possess 4+ years of experience working on projects/programs with at least 2 years serving successfully in positions of major responsibilities such as Deputy Project Manager or Chief Engineer.
- Project Management experience required, PMP preferred.
- Technical background with direct Product Development experience.
- Direct experience with non-intrusive inspection equipment.
- Familiar with government and commercial fixed-price contracts.
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish) a plus.
Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
Web Reference : AJF/351875199-202
Posted Date : Sat, 25 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Leidos. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe