Oracle Applications Engineer
Remote work employees may be required to be present at the closest designated Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the company's request and sole discretion.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. - a Fortune 150 company with global headquarters in Denver - helps the world's best technology companies think "Five Years Out," working together to continually innovate the "next big thing". We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2020 sales of over $30 billion.
Arrow has an excellent opportunity for an Oracle Manufacturing Application Engineer. We are looking for a talented Oracle techno-functional professional with supply chain functional knowledge to join our team and play an integral role in the development and support of enterprise level applications. You must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You will be asked to work on a wide variety of tasks from 100% new development to bug fixes and maintenance. This includes working with the business and the technology areas to understand requirements for IT development and support.What You'll Be Doing:
What We're Looking For:
- Design, develop, test and implement complex processes for applications like Oracle, and other custom applications in production and development environments.
- Design, Develop and Customize Interfaces, Reports and Extensions as needed to support business requirements.
- Analyze, solution Design, build and maintain technical specifications, interface specifications and systems design based on business/functional requirements.
- Gather functional requirements and analyze to create solutions.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Work closely with stakeholders to gather functional requirements, design and document solutions that align with business needs and are consistent with architectural vision
- This role partners directly with the functional and business teams to gather requirements, architect and deliver critical projects that leverage the latest technologies to build and enhance applications.
- This role is involved in providing end user support including resolving incidents logged by the business users
- Provide support to users and assist with troubleshooting application & business process issues.
- Coordinate and deliver technical components for projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, and build and implementation plans
- Identify, document, develop and support the design, creation and maintenance of and integrations between internal and external sources within the IT applications to support critical business functions
- Follow and enforce development guidelines and best practices to improve products/services or processes
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Coordinate and drive multiple disciplines to successfully deliver initiatives
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
- Guides others in resolving complex issues in the specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures
- Participate in system-level tests responsible for comparing actual results with expected results.
- Coordinate with business users and external vendors/partners to manage and maintain all IT related systems, including stable and accurate production instances like Oracle Applications.
- Provide solutions to complex problems aimed at achieving business outcomes.
- Analyze and research new and existing products, procedures, processes within the IT space.
- Communicate project status and coordination of IT improvements.
- Identify innovative solutions to business issues in technical development.
- Provide recommendations around how to leverage the IT systems to improve operational efficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs: ie, special projects, Enhancements etc.
- Acts as a mentor for colleagues including team members and partners with less experience.
- Serves as a resource for best practices/quality on the teams or projects
- Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff.
- Work flexible schedule as necessary including coordinating with onsite-offsite development teams
The ideal candidate for this position should possess a good understanding of enterprise-class IT development methodologies and demonstrate solid skills in and around business processes. This individual must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrate a team-oriented, goal and results-driven work ethic. The role requires working collaboratively with the business community and other IT team members within a dynamic and high-profile environment.
- Advanced knowledge and Demonstrated experience in the implementation and support of Oracle technologies including SQL, PL/SQL, SQL performance tuning, Oracle workflow, Oracle Applications Framework (OAF), XML Publisher, Forms & Reports.
- Experience in multiple Oracle EBS modules to include: Inventory, Order Management, Purchasing, BOM, WIP, Costing, Advance Pricing and additional knowledge of other modules is required
- Must possess strong skills in developing Interfaces, Reports and Extensions and customization utilizing Oracle best practice methodology
- Good knowledge in underlying ERP applications and database architecture
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with defining and creating highly functional design and coding in a fast-paced evolving environment
- A high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, applications and IT architecture disciplines.
- Prior experience working in areas of emerging technology and driving new points of view and capabilities
- Effective software and data troubleshooting skills
- Ability to analyze & resolve production support issues.
- Knowledge of B2B processes, interfaces and good understanding of the integration of various modules with other EBS modules
- Experience with API methods and implementation of web services in a distributed architecture system
- Must have experience supporting implementations/R12/other ERPs
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture, as well as Oracle database
- Self-Driven and ability to react to change and shifting priorities.
- Ability to plan and organize work in a fast-paced environment coordinating with internal customers to help support and enhance business systems.
- Ability to coordinate with a team of developers in onshore and offshore and ensuring on-time delivery.
- Must have experience supporting/implementing large development projects.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision, to manage/self-direct multiple projects and meet predefined deadlines, make time for unplanned assignments, adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Superior interpersonal skills, strong adaptability skill, strong analytical skills, and superior verbal and writing communication skills.
Even Better If:
- Typically requires a 4-year degree from an accredited college/university in Information Systems (Computer Science) or related field or equivalent related experience; additionally 8 years total experience with at least 5 years as an Oracle Applications Developer in using SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Workflow, Forms 6i, Reports, XML, OAF and ADF
What We Offer at Arrow
- Advanced degree or post-graduation degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in the electronics, manufacturing, or distribution industries
- Previous experience working for a large public enterprise corporation.
- Manufacturing Functional experience
- Experience working with Oracle EBS R12 application is a plus
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
$91,600.00 - $137,500.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-CO-Colorado (Remote Employees)
Remote work employees may be required to be present at the closest designated Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the Company's request and sole discretion.
Information TechnologyEEO Statement:
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires all new employees in the United States to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning work, except where prohibited by law.
Web Reference : AJF/336790124-202
Posted Date : Tue, 04 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Arrow Electronics, Inc.. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe