Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Every day, our teams innovate across the world of finance. We collaborate to work smarter, while making a difference. We believe in diversity and inclusivity, giving a voice to everyone on the team. And we celebrate our success together. If you want to make an impact in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
As a Conversion Analyst, you'll help develop new fintech products that will change the way the world pays, banks, and invests. This could involve working with bleeding edge technology while coding, implementing, maintaining, and supporting software applications.
Manage, create, and complete data conversion process for customer data to FIS Business eBanking system. Works with the bank to determine data requirements. Examines data files, processes, forms, reports, and operational needs of customers. Completes data mapping and transaction workflow documents as the basis of the conversion to FIS system. Run processes to add the data to the system. Validate the accuracy of all data and transactions required for conversion. Responsible for overall satisfaction of conversion project.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and coordinate project timeline and customer project activities. Report status updates to project team and management.
- Coordinate integration with other FIS applications regarding conversion.
- Work directly with bank personnel to complete product workflow documents summarizing all processing requirements and determines key challenges in converting customer to FIS e-banking systems.
- Through data analysis, product mapping and interviews, gather forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements.
- Create data maps and transaction workflow documents showing exactly how customer information will be converted. The data mapping forms the technical specification for the conversion. Refines mapping through iterative validation. Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements.
- Carefully examine data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to FIS balancing.
- Execute and complete final data conversion process. Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to confirm.
- Obtain formal customer signoff of results.
- During live conversion week process implements required conversion activities. Research issues as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures and provides support during conversion.
- Coordinate and direct the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution and system or data changes.
- Throughout the project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide the client in the conversion of the system.
- Be able to manage multiple projects with different end dates simultaneously.
- Other related duties are assigned as needed
What you will need:
- Knowledge of modern, end-to-end systems development life cycles.
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines.
- A bachelor's in computer science or information systems or equivalent experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Typically requires a minimum of 1-2 years implementation and/or conversion experience with a demonstrated ability to handle high project complexity.
- Position requires a working knowledge of SQL tools.
- Tools can include SQL Plus, Microsoft Access, or other SQL execution tools.
- Applicant will be responsible for activities to populate the Business eBanking database to include analyzing legacy systems data elements and mapping to Business eBanking.
- Will be responsible for the quality of conversion, including data & SQL programming to convert customers successfully.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires advanced working knowledge of FIS systems as well as the industries in which FIS competes for business
- Ability to understand, apply and explain concepts
- Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Requires human relations, negotiation, and documentation skills
- Requires high attention to detail
- Positions involving data mapping require strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability; may require some weekend work
What we offer you:
At FIS, you can grow your career as far as you want to take it. Here's what else we offer:
Opportunities to make an impact in fintech
Personal and professional learning
Inclusive, diverse work environment
Resources to give back to your community
Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Web Reference : AJF/408807039-202
Posted Date : Thu, 29 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of FIS. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe