At Houston Methodist, the Senior Application Analyst position is responsible for expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, training and supporting customers and junior analysts with the operation and administration of systems. The Sr. Application Analyst trains and mentors more junior analysts. The Sr. Application Analyst works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies. The Sr. Application Analyst proactively manages and troubleshoots issues within related IT teams and manages change. The Sr. Application Analyst provides high level administration of applications and ensures quality delivery of application availability. The Sr. Application Analyst ensures the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of the mission of the department. The Sr. Application Analyst makes recommendations regarding budget projections and project management.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
- Acts as liaison between work teams and departments. (EF)
- Facilitates team and client meetings and delivers informative, well-organized presentations. (EF)
- Serves as role model and mentor to other team members through both formal and informal methods. May train newly on boarded or more junior team members. (EF)
SERVICE - 25%
- Facilitates working group sessions with relevant departments to identify and drive requirements to improve Business Processes. Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships. (EF)
- Sets customer expectations, prioritizes tasks, and delivers solutions on time. Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs. (EF)
- Manages customer expectations and deliverables through meetings, phone calls, presentations and written reports. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Oversees and monitors multiple large- scale projects within multiple functional departments. (EF)
- Establishes project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters. Implements and supports large, complex applications with technical experience in systems analysis, design, building, testing, and implementation. (EF)
- Communicates potential project and implementation issues, plans for resolution, and produces status updates to all stakeholders including customers and Management. (EF)
- Creates custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
- Coordinates and provides problem resolution, technical analyses, costs and resource estimates, work plans, workflow documentation, and progress reports on assigned projects. (EF)
- Applies project management methodology standards to communicate and successfully accomplish assigned projects within budget guidelines. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Seeks out opportunities to remain relevant with regard to current and leading technologies. Evaluates and recommends technologies for growth and long term planning. (EF)
- Partners with team members to support a learning environment. Seeks opportunities to lead or facilitate IT and business initiatives across IT. (EF)
- Participates in professional development. Completes Individual Development Plan. (IDP) (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field or experience working as a licensed clinical or certified IT professional. An additional four years experience in addition to the experience listed below in lieu of Bachelors or licensed clinical or certified IT professional experience.
- Five years' experience in IT or clinical or business workflow required
- Experience supporting large scale clinical, ancillary or business environments
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Certification within six month of hire if appropriate to assigned application. (ie Epic) Epic certification must be maintained.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Expert ability and skill to troubleshoot system problems and to engineer expert solutions with IT customers and vendors.
- Expert technical skills to support multiple applications and projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and ability to apply them to large scale system implementation
- Strong knowledge of multidisciplinary clinical or business information systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Expected to be proactive in all areas of responsibility
Work Attire Yes/No Uniform No Scrubs No Business professional Yes Other (dept approved) No
On-Call* Yes, on a regular basis (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within Yes Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside Yes of Houston Metropolitan area
*Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation's leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treated more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services' consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.
Web Reference : AJF/359255884-202
Posted Date : Fri, 24 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Houston Methodist. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe