At Houston Methodist, the Application Analyst is responsible for intermediate level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, training and supporting customers with the operation and administration of systems. The Application Analyst troubleshoots issues and works with vendors on issue resolution. The Application Analyst partners with customers to increase understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies. Responsibilities may include creating, documentation and assisting other IT groups and teams with issues and problems. The Application Analyst ensures the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of department and organizational goals. The Application Analyst possess intermediate technical expertise to support specific healthcare applications. The Analyst will cross train to become proficient in multiple applications. The Application Analyst applies skills in line with Houston Methodist values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality IT services.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional. (EF)
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with clients. Shares acquired skills with team members through documentation and training. (EF)
- Assists, trains and supports customers with the operation and administration of systems. (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
- Debugs, programs and tests systems and applications. Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs. (EF)
- Utilizes working knowledge of assigned applications to effectively complete assigned tasks. Applies workflow to and from clinical and business applications. (EF)
- Effectively leads and facilitates meetings. Develops meeting objectives, agendas and action items.
- Supports and installs software applications, including on call support. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Provides high quality technical support for assigned application(s). Creates custom solutions or configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues. (EF)
- Leads medium to large scale projects utilizing Houston Methodist project guidelines including budget adherence. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively. Accurately completes and submits assigned work and status reports according to project timelines and expectations. (EF)
- Prioritizes issue resolution, work requests and tasks effectively. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 15%
- Anticipates client needs and communicates to department leadership for solution development. (EF)
- Resolves problems of moderate to advanced complexity using strong analytical and logic skills. Generates innovative solutions in partnership with customers, vendors cross and functional IT teams(EF)
- Seeks out opportunities to cross train and become proficient in multiple applications (EF)
- Participates in professional development. Completes Individual Development Plan. (IDP) (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field or experience working as a licensed clinical or certified IT professional. An additional four years experience in addition to the experience listed below in lieu of Bachelors or licensed clinical or certified IT professional experience
- Three years experience in IT or clinical or business workflow required
- Experience supporting clinical, ancillary or business environments
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Certification within six months of hire if appropriate to assigned application. (i. e. Epic) Epic Certification must be maintained.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Understanding of business processes and requirements as related to the assigned (clinical or business) environment.
- Ability to support large scale clinical and ancillary systems
- Familiar with current database and operating systems as required for assigned applications
- Technical skills to support multiple applications
- Intermediate level competency in multiple applications or areas of clinical workflow.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and generate innovative solutions in conjunction with customers, vendors, and Information Technology
Work Attire Yes/No Uniform No Scrubs No Business professional Yes Other (dept approved) No
On-Call* Yes, on a regular basis (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within Yes Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside Yes of Houston Metropolitan area
*Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation's leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treated more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services' consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.
Web Reference : AJF/353390443-202
Posted Date : Tue, 05 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Houston Methodist. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe