Assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for
network systems of high complexity. Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards,
develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
Responsible for implementation of network architecture and designs.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software,
- transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Develops and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network
- enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning,
- configuration and optimization.
- Provides escalated tier support across organizations and to third party vendors.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Demonstrated in-depth data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber
- (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies
- and protocols
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work
experienceRequired Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Data network experience - 5PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and servicesPreferred Education
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP )
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Office Environment
- May work in Network Lab environment
- 24X7 Network Operations environment. Depending on business group, on-call work may be an
- essential function of the job.
- Occasional travel as required
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability ENE311 309285-1 309285BR
Web Reference : AJF/437728767-202
Posted Date : Fri, 23 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of SPECTRUM. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe