JOB SUMMARY: (This job can work remotely from the following States - GA, WA, FL, TN and TX)
At Houston Methodist, the Information Security Architect position is responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing systems within the Houston Methodist IT network. The Information Security Architect prepares security standards and recommends updates to security policies and procedures. Serves as a mentor to more junior team members . Develops and maintains the high-level plan for the overall logical and technical architecture of the enterprise security postures. The Information Security Architect provides technical leadership and consulting across the organization including strategic recommendations and project planning. The Information Security Architect gains organizational commitment for information security plans, initiates and participates in projects related to information security and leads associated implementations and upgrades.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
- Gains organizational commitment for IT Security plans. (EF)
- Communicates effectively (oral and written) throughout the organization to cultivate a culture of security awareness and support ongoing education to support security awareness and adherence. (EF)
- Serves as a mentor to more junior team members and assists with training through formal and informal methods. (EF)
SERVICE - 20%
- Reviews current system security measures and recommends and implements enhancements. (EF)
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment. Oversees security equipment and software installations and configurations. (EF)
- Partners with Security Analysts to ensure prompt response to security incidents. Provides thorough post-event analyses. (EF)
- Evaluates network and security technologies. Develops requirements for local area networks (LANSs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs) routers, firewalls and related security and network devices. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
- Conducts regular system tests and ensures continuous monitoring of network security. (EF)
- Makes recommendations regarding system access based on need and role. (EF)
- Establishes security procedures and conducts cyber incident response drills. (EF)
FINANCE - 15%
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends to ensure timely and cost effective project timelines for systems implementation and upgrades (EF)
- Evaluates new security tools and negotiates purchase agreements. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Proactively stays up to date on the latest security standards, authentication protocols and best practice security products. Shares information and trains members. (EF)
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of organizational strategic priorities. (EF)
- Proactively manages own professional development. Completes Individual Development Plan (IDP). (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in cyber security, computer science, information systems or computer engineering
- Seven years experience in Information Technology to include five years experience in information security.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Expert understanding of network security, network hardware configuration, network protocols, network standards supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively to all level of the organization and translate technical language to non technical audiences
- Ability to partner across the organization to drive security strategies that support business goals and objectives
- Strong business acumen
- Strong understanding in mobile device security management to include the configuration and administration of mobile manager applications if assigned to mobile security
SUPPLEMENTAL REQUIREMENTSWork AttireYes/No
UniformNoScrubsNoBusiness professionalYesOther (dept approved)NoOn-Call*
Yes, on a regular basis (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel withinYesHouston Metropolitan area May require travel outsideYesof Houston Metropolitan area
*Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation's leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treated more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services' consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.
Web Reference : AJF/345312812-202
Posted Date : Mon, 15 Aug 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Houston Methodist. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe