Dianon Pathology, part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group, is a leading provider of anatomic pathology with subspecialty expertise in Dermatopathology, Gastrointestinal pathology, Gyn Pathology and Uropathology. Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized anatomic pathology services to physician practices and hospitals.
LabCorp is seeking a casual Histotechnologist to work in our Histology laboratory in Shelton, CT!
- AAS/BS Degree with 2-5 years of microtomy experience in histology, or a graduate of an accredited Histotechnology school/program
- HT/HTL (ASCP) certified or eligible
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of hazardous waste characteristics, hazardous waste volume generation limits, accumulation limits, spill control measures, record keeping, proper handling and container management, labeling, container and storage inspection
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
The work schedule for this position is: 3rd shift, 9:00p-3:00a. Three (3) nights a week, on a casual schedule (nights to be discussed with hiring manager). Position is eligible for shift differential.
- Prepare slides for pathologist and external clients for interpretation
- Perform tissue embedding
- Perform routine and special microtomy procedures
- Perform routine H&E stains, IHC and special stains
- Prepare and discard reagents per lab guidelines
- Tissue control management
- Perform Quality control as outline in SOPs and policies and maintain documentation.
- Operate and maintain histology equipment not limited to tissue processors, embedding instruments and automated staining platform
- Research troubleshoot and resolve inquiries or problems within the laboratory follow all technical standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the knowledge and practice of safety SOP's in the laboratory.
- Complete all required EHS training
- Wear appropriate PPE as required
- Comply with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, LC EHS policies/procedures and the requirements of accrediting organizations
- Conduct work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Maintains a pleasant, cooperative and respectful relationship with co-workers and all staff.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Web Reference : AJF/332328769-202
Posted Date : Sat, 25 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of LabCorp. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe