- Bachelor's degree in a Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or related LIFE SCIENCE
- 2-6 years of Clinical Laboratory experience and must meet CLIA requirements for General Supervisor.
- HT/HTL (ASCP) Certification is a plus
The work schedule for this position is:
2nd shift Tuesday-Saturday 2:00p-10:30p
- Oversees the daily operations of the testing functions of the Histology Department. Performs all testing in the department with minimal supervision. Identifies problems in the department and operating systems and institutes appropriate corrective actions.
- Supervise all testing staff in the department.
- Train and schedule personnel assigned to meet testing and reporting turnaround time requirements.
- Troubleshoot technical problems by instituting appropriate corrective actions and documenting actions taken.
- Assess acceptability of quality control material.
- Answer technical questions from other departments and clients.
- Conduct and document performance evaluations and competency assessments.
- Draft and review department policies and procedures. & ensure operational compliance with the laboratory's SOPs and Quality Management System.
- Provide hands-on backup support to the testing personnel as required.
- Ensure that the laboratory's instrument/equipment calibrations and maintenance are conducted and documented in accordance with written procedures.
- Participate in the validation/verification of new test systems/assays and qualification of instruments/equipment in the department.
- Participate in proficiency testing as applicable.
- Track and monitor departmental quality indicators.
- Oversee/perform monthly reviews of various logs/records.
- Oversee the laboratory's inventory, reagents and supplies.
- Oversee preparation of reagents and solutions according to established criteria.
- Oversee archival of materials per retention schedule.
- This job description reflects only the essential functions of the position and excludes those which may be incidental to the performance of the job. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their manager/supervisor.
Other duties as assigned may include:
- Environmental Safety & Responsible for the knowledge and practice of applicable safety policies and procedures in the laboratory.
- Complete all required EHS training.
- Must wear proper PPE when working in laboratory areas.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Comply with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, and the requirements of accrediting organizations.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Web Reference : AJF/334510914-202
Posted Date : Thu, 30 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of LabCorp. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe