DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We also pioneered the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve and to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and Responsibilities
The SOX Compliance IT Manager will assist senior management in defining the control objectives, monitoring compliance efforts, and documenting the various in-scope software systems of DISH. The SOX Compliance IT Manager will review test findings from the Internal/External Audit Teams, facilitate the remediation of control gaps and escalate possible critical issues to senior management. The SOX Compliance IT Manager will identify areas of potential improvement for key IT processes and procedures and will support the management of those processes and procedures. The individual will be responsible for working with different business owners on implementation, execution, and compliance with entity-level IT controls. The SOX Compliance IT Manager will evaluate and review new information systems relative to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
The role will be a project manager responsible for all aspects of DISH's compliance with IT-focused requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. The individual will interface, coordinate and consult with business process owners responsible for the execution of controls over financial reporting primarily to support management's SOX 404 and 302 compliance certification. Further, the individual will be the point of contact for all IT matters with our Internal/External Audit Teams. The individual will be an integral part of the CFO Organization reporting to DISH's Director of Technical Accounting and will regularly interact with accounting and finance leadership. Primary Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Manage the internal control IT SOX efforts to prepare all information essential to the understanding and assessment of internal controls, including risk and control matrices and narrative descriptions and/or flowcharts of processes for all in scope IT systems
- Identify and communicate to the broader accounting team observations and recommendations for the enhancement of processes and internal controls
- Assist the accounting team with the design and implementation of processes and internal controls
- Coordinate with internal and external audit in support testing, walkthroughs and process reviews
- Facilitate internal control audit work performed by DISH's internal and external auditors
- Work with the Technical Accounting team to consider the need for the design and implementation of new controls in response to new accounting standards or policies
- Provide training and development opportunities to DISH personnel to support compliance with established processes and controls
- Monitor for changes to regulatory requirements or standards over internal control and implement modifications to DISH's internal control structure, as required
- Maintain best practices for the oversight of outsourced service providers and their SOX compliance policies and procedures
- Provide periodic readouts on the results of IT testing to senior management of the CFO Organization
- CPA or CIA strongly preferred; MBA is a plus
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification is desired
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in public accounting or with public companies, with emphasis on IT matters for audits of internal control over financial reporting of publicly traded companies
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proficiency with:
- Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Internal Control - Integrated Framework (2013) issued by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO)
- Auditing Standards of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
- US GAAP
- Applicable flowcharting software
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Ability to diagnose process design gaps or transactional activities and consult with process owners to recommend solutions aligned with the business
- The SOX Compliance IT Manager will also have the opportunity to augment the accounting team in support of special projects and other corporate accounting and tax needs.
Compensation: $114,900.00/Year - $180,000.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
Web Reference : AJF/379959220-202
Posted Date : Thu, 30 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of DISH. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe