Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 12523
Pay Grade: TBD Description
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
Marketing operations is a team of individuals within the Revenue Operations group who partner with an assigned marketing specialty. The primary role of a product manager is lifecycle management of the specialty product portfolio. From product creation, forecasting, and collateral development, to the end of life in service; the product manager partners with the marketing and sales teams to focus on providing them and KSEA's end customers with a best in class experience. Responsibilities:
The Product Manager, is responsible for managing the logistics of our Urology products. Managing logistics includes: (1) assist marketing and finance in tracking product consumption (at the product level), (2) assist marketing in tracking quoting activities for the KSEA offerings, (3) specialty forecasting to achieve both sales and inventory management objectives (4) maintaining/updating the material master for Urology materials, (5) assist with development of exit strategies for end-of-life cycle product transitions.
The Product Manager, is also responsible for assisting in the management of product market acceptance and product launch, which includes assisting in (1) market testing, (2) sales support, (3) Tier 2 Technical Support. The Product Manager may participate in surgeon training workshops, field training activities, in-house product training for sales force and KSEA personnel. This position will execute upon field based marketing objectives in terms of acceptance studies, troubleshooting, in-servicing, and production of sales tools/collateral information.
Candidate must be able to understand how individual product components work together to comprise a system or solution offering. This position works with multiple departments on operational projects, such as the process for product upgrades. This position will leverage time between these functions and work with marketing management as a team in solving product-related issues. Focus areas will be determined based on the individual's specialty expertise and as well as specialty priorities. This position will work closely on projects with KSEA Logistics, sister companies and third-party vendors, and may serve as primary contact based on Marketing's needs. This position is SAP intensive.
- Provide information on specifications, performance, features/benefits of KARL STORZ products via phone, e-mail, voicemail and direct interface
- Work closely with Logistics on Material Master issues, provides information for issues related to existing products in specialty to department mgmt for review and resolution
- Responsible for material master maintenance for existing products, setting up new products for specialty in SAP, etc.
- Work in conjunction with Finance and Marketing Managers as necessary to provide financial analysis for specialty
- Specialty lead for monthly S&OP meetings with Marketing and Logistics to review/update product forecasts
- Product life-cycle maintenance, inventory management (ie setting safety stock levels, analyzing trends for mature products, implementing exit strategies).
- Participate in T-Con meetings with KST, Sister Companies and vendors regarding product logistics, development, performance issues, etc.
- Produce product bulletins, user guides and other collaterals on new and existing products for sales personnel and end users
- Review collateral materials, IFUs and Specialty's price book segments for accuracy
- Participates in ProfED Specialty trainings and other training activities per direction of Specialty management
- Manage issues with 3 rd party vendors to be determined based on specialty requirements
- Work with Regulatory and Technical Services to develop instruction manuals, disinfections/sterilization guidelines, labeling for existing products
- Primary contact for competitive cross referencing projects for Sales Force, Healthcare Systems, Sales Operations and Repair Service.
- Demonstrate commitment to serving customers, communication with the customer, and create a welcoming environment for KSEA employees and our customers.
- Comply with current laws, other regulatory agencies, and institutional and operating systems.
- Adhere to all KSEA Policies and Procedures as they apply.
- Knowledge and adherence to Guidelines and Procedures as they are described in the annual education module.
- Adhere to current organizational Performance Improvement priorities.
- Physical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree desired.
- 2 to 5 years general business, Marketing and/or Operations-related experience preferred.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft applications, such as Project, PowerPoint, Visio. Advanced computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Medical device marketing or logistics experience desirable.
- Project management expertise preferably in medical device marketing.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take on team leadership tasks for specific projects requiring interactions with other departments in El Segundo and Charlton, as well as with sister company and 3rd party vendors.
- This position requires software acumen; network experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of inventory management, product life cycle maintenance.
- Public speaking skills for training internal customers and sales force on assigned products.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under strict time guidelines with competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, etc. and other software/database programs as necessary
- SAP skills desired for SAP Production as well as BI-HANA Reporting. Serves as SAP super user and may be called on to provide training for internal customers on different SAP modules.
Business unit staff; Technical Services, Logistics, NSW, 3 rd party vendors, Sales Force, FST/OESs, Sales Management, Healthcare Systems; cross-functional project teams; Customer Support; alliance partners.Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our overall response to COVID-19. Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical/Dental/Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks' vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
.Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures. Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at TaleoAdministrator@karlstorz.com. Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.
Web Reference : AJF/341739954-202
Posted Date : Sat, 02 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe