CSI Electrical Contractors, Inc. is a full-service electrical contractor headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, California. Established in 1990, CSI delivers a wide range of commercial and industrial electrical construction services with significant experience performing work in the solar, aerospace, healthcare, government and biomedical markets. CSI also has significant self-perform capabilities in electrical system construction and retrofit projects, technology integration, and alternative energy projects, preconstruction services, prefabrication, telecommunications, design-build/design-assist and integrated project delivery methodologies.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for coordinating with individuals, managing engineering firms, and following processes and standards to ensure the Company achieves reliable, quality, and safe designs. This person will be responsible for facilitating the design process from conceptual through IFC design. They will be responsible for managing 3rd party engineering firms, working with CSI internal engineering resources, and being the project lead in all aspects of project design. This responsibility will align and work with the construction team to ensure they have the necessary design information, quantities, and parameters to build the work. They will support the project design by ensuring the design meets the contractual, technical, safety, and quality requirement from Client, Company, and Industry Specifications and Standards. This position will have travel and project responsibilities to support the site team and lead design reviews as required. This position will not manage or supervise the construction activities performed on the project site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and direct multiple 3rd party design firms working towards Issued for Construction Drawings for Electrical, Civil, and Structural designs.
- Coordinate and lead design reviews at each design milestone. Design reviews will likely include the owner, CSI, and 3rd party personnel.
- Perform the overall coordination and integration of technical activities in engineering projects and services. Direct and review project designs and technology integration.
- Work with project managers to facilitate design understanding as the start of construction occurs. Ensure there is understanding of the intent of the design and how the design will be audited throughout the construction phase.
- Seek opportunities to add value to the project. Perform economic analysis/value engineering to determine cost-effective solutions and prepare written recommendations. Ensure value engineering is incorporated into future designs.
- Manage 3rd party engineering resources to ensure deadlines are met, and the construction team has the necessary engineering information to produce a quality project on schedule.
- Maintain and manage engineering schedules and budgets to meet the requirements of the project. Possess a full understanding of time and resource management to achieve the results needed for project deadlines.
- Review and facilitate approval of materials to be used on the project by attaining Engineer of Record approvals or other resources available.
- Ensure takeoffs are complete and accurate for material procurement.
- Nurture and maintain key professional relationships with utilities, owners, engineering firms, energy subject matter experts, and others.
- Coordinate, lead, and document regularly scheduled calls between applicable parties.
- Assure projects are designed and constructed according to all applicable safety standards, including ASTM, NESC, NEC, NFPA, etc.
- Ensure design deliverables are received in time to support procurement and project schedule.
- Acts as a technical resource for project construction teams.
- Acts as engineering liaison for the construction team, 3rd party Engineer of Record, Client, and internal engineering resources from award through completion.
- Responsible for engineering document control process, including client and engineering transmittals, RFI's, and associated logs.
- Apply for and complete local permits as specified by the contract.
- Ensure that each design is developed with consideration for efficient installation, maintenance, and repair. Consult Field Operations Manager and Trade Superintendents as necessary for recommendations.
- Review implications of project design changes and make recommendations
- Recognize, document, and report cost impacts due to design changes. Share impacts with project management and procurement team.
- Perform economic analysis/value engineering to determine cost-effective solutions and prepare written recommendations.
- Train and develop Field Engineers and Field Coordinators in engineering management, document control, and RFI processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Database experience is a plus.
- Experience with Primavera 6 and Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Positive and proactive attitude and ability to take initiative.
- Excellent reasoning skills for identifying strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability, work in a team environment, display leadership skills, work under pressure, and adapt to changing job requirements.
- Strong leadership abilities and interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.), both written and verbal.
- In-depth knowledge of equipment and practices used in solar power plant construction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people/resources.
- Knowledge and skills of providing best-in-class customer service, including needs assessment, quality, and safety standards, and achieving overall customer satisfaction.
- Consideration of the relative costs, benefits, and impacts of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to ensure the outcome and results from work performed and effective resources.
- Knowledge of electrical power engineering principles and familiarity with computer and analytical tools related to equipment sizing, load flow, and power quality.
- Ability to monitor and assess the personal performance and the performance of other individuals or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- BS in Construction Management, Business, or Engineering. (*)
- Minimum of three years in the solar + BESS EPC, with a strong knowledge of construction sequencing, construction methods, and materials practices, including knowledge of electrical systems. (*)
- OSHA 30 certification desired, but not mandatory.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) status or qualified to take test desired, but not mandatory.
(*) Can be a combination of trade, education, and relevant work experience.
- Works in the office 70% of the time and on-site 30% of the time
- May work in varying weather conditions: hot, cold, and wet conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Pay Range: $80,000-110,000
Amazing Company Culture - We have a culture of trust, teamwork, performance, and commitment that drives our success.
Competitive Salaries - We pride ourselves in offering above industry average salaries based on talent and experience.
401K Matching & Profit Sharing - We believe good work should be rewarded and provide 401k matching and profit sharing.
Awesome Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance - We provide a wide variety of insurance options to meet you and your family's needs.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement. All communication regarding candidates, submissions, and job openings must be done with through the corporate Talent Acquisition team only.
Web Reference : AJF/358528372-202
Posted Date : Thu, 30 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of MYR Group. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe