Senior Big Data Engineer
Location: 100% RemoteJob Summary
As a Big Data Platform Engineer you will be responsible for designing and engineering for a healthcare Analytics Cloud Platform (ACP). You will also significantly contribute to architecture for ACP. This will be done through innovation and collaboration with engineering teams and related business functions. This is a critical, highly visible role within the company that has the potential to drive significant business impact.
The scope of this role will also include collaboration with our internal and external strategic partners to build, release and maintain a Big Data Analytics Cloud Platform to support our Products and Services that deliver analytics, insights and predictions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design & develop, operate and drive scalable, resilient, and cloud native open source based Big Data Analytics Platform to address business requirements.
- Help drive technology transformation to achieve business transformation, through the creation of the Healthcare Analytics Cloud Platform that will help establish a leadership position in the industry.
- Successful implementation of Analytics as a Service delivered as a SaaS offering.
- Design and engineer Platforms and Services to meet business SLA requirements.
- Be a significant contributor and partner in the development and execution of the Enterprise Technology Strategy.
What You Need for this Position
- 5+ years of experience related to big data platform engineering
- 5+ years of experience working with distributed systems in public and private cloud environments
- Successful track record of building, releasing and supporting in Production, Big Data platform stack for enterprise class SaaS products.
- Experience with some of the following: Hadoop, AWS/Azure, NoSql Databases, in-memory caching, Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Calcite, Druid, Presto
- Experience with Big Data eco-system, various projects and their capabilities, maturity level and usage patterns, is a must have.
- Experience with Scala
- Experience contributing to relevant open source project
- Experience building microservices with the Akka HTTP framework
Sound like you? Apply today, or send your resume to: Lauren@Optello.comEmail Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : LF2-1645861 -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.*
Lauren Formby - Recruiting Manager - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.