At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Missile Interface Specification/Design & Architecture) . This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. What you'll get to do:
The selected candidate will be reporting to the AVE Interfaces & Architecture Lead, would be responsible for System's Engineering Interfaces artifact and design development for one or more of the Missile Elements (ie Booster Stages, Guidance & Control, Reentry Vehicle etc) in the AVE Segment-System. The responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Lead the development of key interface artifacts for the GBSD Missile (AVE). These artifacts include Interface Control Documents (ICDs), Interface Description Documents (IDDs), and Interface Requirements Specifications (IRSs) and portions of their content into the MBSE model
- Coordinate with various teams to analyze, develop, document and maintain interface requirements and design solutions
- Work with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) Point of Contacts (POCs) to review mechanical, thermal/structural, fluid, software and logical interface designs by leading Interface Working Groups between the interface stakeholders.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure proper verification and validation of the interface requirements
- Work with their MBSE counterparts to ensure the interface requirements are integrated into their designated model-based artifacts (eg DOORs, Cameo).
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80A. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. You'll bring these qualifications:
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal level or level Sr. Principal level.
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- A minimum 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; 3 years with a Master's; or 0 years with PhD. (Sr. Principal level requires 9 years with a Bachelor's degree; 7 years with a Master's degree; or 4 years with a PhD)
- Minimum + years of Systems Engineering experience with a minimum 1 year working in requirements management tools (eg DOORS)
- U.S. Citizenship and an Active Secret Security Clearance or higher awarded or reviewed in the last 6 years
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools (CAMEO)
- Missile design and development experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills and Systems Thinking mindset
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work self-sufficiently and as part of an integrated product team (IPT)
- Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills
$87,600 USD - $131,400 USD Salary Range 2:
$108,600 USD - $163,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforcegov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Web Reference : AJF/447545888-202
Posted Date : Tue, 04 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Northrop Grumman. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe