Cherry Bekaert, the nation's 25th largest certified public accounting firm, has been providing superior tax, assurance and advisory solutions across the globe for over 70 years. We are seeking an IT Project Leader to manage the delivery of critical IT projects in support of the firm's business objectives.
If you have experience implementing and supporting professional services automation applications and other shared services technology, this may be the role for you. Our ideal candidate is energized working with stakeholders and enjoys taking a hands-on approach to delivery. If you'd rather employ creative thinking to solve issues than administratively track and report on them, let's talk.
What your days look like:
- Plan - Defines the scope, schedule, resource requirements and budget estimates for IT projects. Develops the project charter and plan. Develop test strategies and plans. Develop training strategies and plans. Develops the stakeholder communication plan. Participates in project prioritization discussions.
- Manage - Manages IT projects to meet the agreed upon schedule and budget and deliver expected benefits. Manages project risks and issues. Maintains the project plan. Performs status reporting and stakeholder communication. Schedules and facilitates meetings with stakeholders, project team, IT and business users. Maintains project documentation in approved repositories. Participates in project reviews.
- Deliver - Facilitate business requirements and design sessions. Develop and execute test cases. Deliver training.
- Financial Management - Tracks and manages resource hours and other project expenses.
- Risk & Compliance - Complies with Cherry Bekaert security, data privacy and other risk & compliance policies, procedures and controls.
- Innovation - Champions the introductions of new tools, technologies and best practices for project management.
- Collaboration - Builds relationships and effectively collaborates with Cherry Bekaert firm leadership and associates, Cherry Bekaert IT peers and associates and external parties.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Skilled facilitator
- Excellent time management skills/ability to multi-task/juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Attention to detail
- Good listener, ability to evolve/adapt, open to change
- Ability to inspire and motivate
What is required for this role:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience managing complex technology projects
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience managing projects through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Skilled in documenting and analyzing business requirements & business processes and translating to system requirements
- Proficient with Jira and MS Office Suite, including MS Project
What is preferred for this role:
- PMP certification preferred; will sponsor experienced PM for certification
- Experience in the implementation and support of Professional Services Automation applications; experience with STAR or Kimble nice to have
- Functional or technology project experience in HR, Finance or Legal
- Work Authorization Status: Permanent U.S. Resident, U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
What you can expect from us:
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Employee Wellness plans
- Collaborative environment focused on career and leadership development
- Casual Dress for your Day policy
Web Reference : AJF/374245073-202
Posted Date : Mon, 27 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Cherry Bekaert LLP. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe