Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Director, Product Development - Data & Technology strategy. This role will help drive the Data & Technology strategy for Enterprise Risk & Compliance (ERC). Key components of the role will be to engage with business leaders across the organization to identify, capture and prioritize business cases leveraging technology/automation, and with technology leaders to ensure technology solutions and infrastructure are built that position the organization well for the future. This individual will bring the right combination of industry experience/insights and technical expertise to define the art of the possible for ERC, and drive/promote internal dialogue and cross-departmental collaboration to ensure success. The individual will work closely with enterprise, business and technical architects/experts to build and deliver on an optimal data and technology roadmap to modernize and upgrade ERC's infrastructure and technology applications/solutions. The individual will deliver written and verbal recommendations to senior executives on the strategy, timeline, business cases, investments and trade-offs (both business and technical) required to achieve targeted business outcomes. This role is open for the San Antonio Home Office, Phoenix AZ, Colorado Springs CO, Tampa FL, Plano TX, Charlotte NC
Manages a team of individual contributors that is responsible for overseeing and managing the launch and maturation of new products into target strategic markets. Serving as a cross functional expert, provides leadership, product expertise and support for initiatives related to product development, compliance, operational and process improvements, claims management, vendor management, product documentation, fulfillment, and/or system releases. Job Requirements Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Responsible for development of digital first products supporting the needs and risks of USAA Members.
- Oversees the development and of launch new innovative product offerings as well as auxiliary/enhanced features/services for existing products.
- Develops and finalizes recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally for the line of business
- Develops and launches new innovative product offerings as well as auxiliary/enhanced features/services for existing products
- Generates creative product and coverage solutions for member needs to ensure a dynamic product development pipeline exists
- Responsible for maintaining thorough level of knowledge of business and underwriting performance for products in scope (eg trends, results, etc.)
- Responsible for post-launch maintenance and underwriting of new in market products based on product performance, member needs and competitive changes in the market including but not limited to product rules, rates, and forms.
- Leverages cross functional resources to gather data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and acquire competitive intelligence
- Leads a team to analyze internal and external data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops and communicates the new product value proposition for the line of business across teams and levels of leadership
- Ensures product development team delivers sales support to all distribution channels (eg, .com, mobile, contact center) so that the new product is properly positioned to members
- Directs the analysis and evaluation across multiple new product performance metrics to adapt offerings, if necessary, prior to full launch
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed and implemented in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Coaches and develops employees belonging to the product development team, on an ongoing and real-time basis, to drive maximum performance and engagement levels to achieve desired business results
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing, or Operations to include direct product management experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Experience developing product strategies, product plans and product roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, deploying, and supporting product and/or integrated suite of products.
- Knowledge and application of Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC).
- Experience leading an agile product development process, managing multiple products simultaneously.
- Exceptional communicator and engaging storyteller with a flair to communicate effectively with executives.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses. Preferred Experience:
- 6+ years of experience at a top-tier Consulting firm advising clients on data and technology strategy
- Program/Project Management experience or Delivery of Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) technologies
- Experience with developing technology strategies or project delivery related to Salesforce & ServiceNow Platforms
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies and enablers, including the data and analytics landscape in Risk & Compliance
- Exceptional critical thinking as well as oral/written communication skills; experience briefing all levels of management as well as presenting in user forums, etc.
- Experience developing and socializing business cases to support technology investments
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - 211,700*. Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.
Web Reference : AJF/438273190-202
Posted Date : Fri, 23 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of USAA. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe