Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Data Governance Analyst for either our San Antonio Home Office, Plano Campus, Phoenix Campus, Charlotte Campus, Colorado Springs Campus, Tampa Campus, or remote work environment available.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Participates in cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Participates in the development of policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics. Job Requirements
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Synthesizes key information/data and research in order to recommend information governance initiatives that deliver business value across a single data domain.
- Develops data domain specific information and data governance policies, guidelines, procedures and communications.
- Assists in conducting current assessment of information governance process and tools and proposing recommendations for improvements to peers, community and the next level of leadership.
- Partners with internal groups and/or vendors to maintain complete and accurate meta data information using querying and other system tools to produce required reports and analyze data.
- Anticipates, analyzes, and effectively resolves problems and issues; makes recommendations and identifies when and how to escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying a broad-based knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, data domains and their applications and processes across one to many Information Governance standards and data management activities.
- General understanding of risk and compliance principals applied to information governance and data management solutions.
- Operates independently and with peers to execute information governance and data management practices and processes.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies, Information Technology, Risk, Audit or a related technical field; OR 4 years of related experience in information governance, information management or information architecture (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, Risk, Audit, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting.
- OR Advanced degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies, Risk, Audit, Information Technology or a related technical field with 2 years of experience in Information or Data related practices as noted above.
- 1 years of related work experience analyzing data governance issues and delivering data management solutions required, including documenting business workflow and managing data quality processes.
- Extensive experience in data quality metrics, business rules and dashboards.
- 1-3 years of experience developing and enforcing adherence to data/information governance guidelines (policies, standards and procedures).
- Experience supporting financial institutions on achieving compliance with OCC Heightened Standards.
- Proven track record driving strategic solutions and process re-engineering initiatives based on data analysis.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $66,300 - $119,500 .(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
.Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Web Reference : AJF/420311931-202
Posted Date : Wed, 21 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of USAA. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe