DIRECTV is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We're delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we're revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV, and DIRECTV Stream, our industry leading team is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we're creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, self-driven individual with technical experience in system administration, automation, and large-scale video distribution to join our service operations team. As a Professional - Tech Service Management, you will work on a team that owns and improves the systems for our entire lineup of channel services from acquisition thru downlink.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions related to the service:
- Utilize best-in-class technologies, tools, and processes to continually optimize the customer experience
- Perform tier 2 support of services including Incident response, root cause analysis, and problem management across a diverse set of technologies
- Automation of Application and system deployments
- Continuous improvement of event detection and alerting capabilities and auto-remediation
- Manage and improve service documentation
- Evaluation of new technologies and next generation systems
- Manage and automate service updates and change implementation
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Put the end-user experience at the core of the team's focus and continually drive to measure and improve it
- Provide support to the on‐air operations environment to restore functionality including performing follow up and assisting with diagnostics and troubleshooting of broadcast servers, applications, and software.
- Assist with audio and video compression configuration and delivery, system testing and validation of monitoring and control.
- Assist with projects including the planning, implementation, automation, documentation, and training of staff as needed.
- Take ownership of issues affecting the service regardless of functional area or organizational boundary
- Be adaptable, expect change and keep both skills and mindset current to respond to the demands of the business
- Leverage technical skill sets to explore, evaluate, and deliver new technologies, techniques, and tools to advance the capabilities of the team
The background of the successful candidate should include:
- Expertise learning and utilizing a diversity of toolsets to maintain and optimize services.
- 3+ years of experience with technologies associated with providing a live channel video and video-on-demand (VOD) services in on premises or cloud-based environments.
- Working knowledge of physical equipment and infrastructure, RF equipment, technical workflow diagrams and working with engineers to test and integrate new systems.
- Familiarity with VMware or SDN network capabilities
- 2 year+ degree in a technology related field is preferred
- Experience with administrating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and configuring various systems in a Linux or Windows environment.
- Experience with software development or infrastructure and software deployment automation.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, BitBucket/GIT, Unix/Linux, AWS and agile/scrum methodologies with strong scripting and automation skills are desired
- Excellent written/verbal communication, problem‐solving and analytical abilities required.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment with changing priorities. Applicant should be able to work on multiple projects at the same time and be able to handle the pressures of meeting deadlines in a very short window.
- DIRECTV is a 24x7 service and may require occasional overnight work or maintenance window activity for sensitive system changes
Applications and technologies used to support the business include:
- Service Now
- Grass Valley
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States.
Job Posting: May 25, 2022, 5:36:45 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager
Web Reference : AJF/364124916-202
Posted Date : Wed, 22 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of DIRECTV. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe