Dish Network's Internal Audit Department is looking for an energetic, dynamic, team-oriented Audit Manager to assist in the development and lead the execution of a comprehensive risk-based audit plan. The Audit Manager will have the opportunity to lead operational, financial, IT, or other audits and special projects designed to evaluate the Company's risk management, internal control, and governance processes. Using a risk based integrated audit approach, the incumbent will direct efforts relative to defining the scope of audits based on an analysis of business risks, oversee fieldwork providing coaching and guidance as appropriate, and assist staff with identifying opportunities for improvement. This position is responsible for helping business units optimize their efficacy and overall performance by fostering an environment where audit staff employs a systematic, disciplined approach when assessing the effectiveness of risk management processes and internal controls. Providing value to internal clients is paramount, therefore establishing a rapport with the other managers and staff of assigned business units, and building relationships with various corporate departments throughout the enterprise are critical functions for this role. We are only seeking candidates that can confidently interact with all levels of staff and Leadership within the company, and continuously contribute to Audit Leadership's strategy in developing, sustaining, and enhancing the image and perceived value of the Audit Department. Job Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Build effective business partnerships with key leaders, anticipating the impact of new technologies and strategic initiatives of the company and its risk profile.
- Facilitate thought leadership in preparing detailed audit programs that include tests of controls that mitigate related business risk, and substantive testing that assess and evaluate the effectiveness of business operations, financial reporting, and IT systems.
- Manage (and perform) audit procedures, including developing objectives and criteria, conducting interviews with process owners, documenting business processes and procedures, gathering and analyzing data and evidence, identifying and defining audit observations, and communicating results.
- Support department objectives by advocating strategies to improve internal controls and minimize risk, while supervising staff, managing audits in progress, overcoming obstacles, and addressing significant audit findings as they arise.
- Collaborate with business operations to identify areas for improvement while collectively agreeing on appropriate corrective actions, facilitating remediation efforts, and monitoring progress to ensure that business units and corporate departments are timely in addressing control weaknesses and process inefficiencies.
- A Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in an information technology discipline; CISA certification desired; advanced degree a plus; a minimum of 5 years combined experience in corporate audit and information technology, with at least 1 year of management/supervisory experience; demonstrated history of accomplishments.
- Strong organizational, leadership and teamwork skills with the ability to develop exceptionally talented individuals; ability to provide sound business judgment and strategic thinking to enable DISH Network to create and sustain a world-class internal control and risk assurance environment; ability to inspire a strong spirit of cooperation among the management team and internal audit staff in which a philosophy of continuous process improvement and disciplined process execution is embraced.
- Strong proficiency in internal auditing principles and best practices, with specific knowledge of COSO and COBIT frameworks, and other generally accepted auditing standards; knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, particularly Section 404.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical abilities; capability to maintain composure under pressure; detail-oriented and employs a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to travel approximately 5-10% is required.
Compensation: $65,800.00/Year - $102,500.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
Web Reference : AJF/378062399-202
Posted Date : Tue, 28 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of DISH. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe