Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17 states. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Job Summary- $500 Sign On Bonus
Oversees the stocking, rotation, and storage of general merchandise and/or food in the club. Ensures that all merchandise is clearly labeled and fully stocked. Oversees, trains, and coaches Stock Clerks on club policies and procedures and best merchandising practices.
- Know their business/business acumen. Exhibit strategic thinking and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and utilization of business data.
- Lead through change. Model leadership competencies, build credibility and act as a champion for business growth.
- Communicate effectively. Provide the information teams require to be successful.
- Build high performing teams by creating a culture of collaboration. Provide honest and timely direction, follow up and feedback that will drive business results and support team member engagement.
- Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and accountability.
- Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process. Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility to enable the application of policies, procedures and compliance.
- Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting, ethical decision making and engagement. Lead with the team member and member in mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the team members.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.
- Guarantee service excellence through all points of contact.
- Set service standard expectations for all team members. Provide team support and empowerment to resolve every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Lead teams to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and out
- Perishable areas stocked and rotated with cold chain maintained
Know Your Business:
- Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total club and department performance
- Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it before it negatively impacts club performance metrics
- Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection between consistent operational performance and achieving club financial targets
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Oversees the stocking, rotation, and storage of general merchandise and/or food. Ensures that all merchandise is fully stocked.
- Oversees, trains, and coaches Stock Clerks on merchandising policies and procedures.
- Verifies received shipments to ensure that all items are delivered.
- Maintains display signage for all products. Creates labels and/or applies merchandise sales tags to items. Ensures all product labels and price tags are clear and visible.
- Ensures the club is neat, clean, and organized. Performs general housekeeping duties, including removing trash and cardboard from the club.
- Handles damaged goods and spoiled products in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversee the processing of deliveries.
- Completes and maintains necessary training and annual safety re-certifications to effectively operate a forklift.
- Execution of daily drop list, hot list and zero sales reports.
- Participates in club opening and closing hand off walks.
- Responsible for responding to Alarm calls in accordance with Emergency Flip chart and Alarm response training
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Previous supervisor experience preferred.
- Previous grocery/stock experience preferred.
- Big box/wholesale retail experience preferred.
- Forklift experience required.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about continuously on hard surfaces. There may be a need to frequently position oneself to examine and/or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and stooping.
- Continuously requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in a comfortable environment surrounded by moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order to be heard. There could be exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers.
- There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
Web Reference : AJF/350643606-202
Posted Date : Sat, 25 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of BJ's Wholesale Club. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe