Our Nurse Graduate Residency program offers a safe environment for the necessary learning and support needed for a successful transition into the role of a professional practicing RN in an acute care setting including focusing on time management, communication, dealing with stress, conflict management, as well as working with complex clinical scenarios. The residency also provides an opportunity for learners to apply the principles of evidence based practice to unit-based issues and provide solutions to real-time identified problems.
At Inova, we want you to succeed; that is why our New Graduate Residency program focuses on preparing you for your nursing career. Our nurse residency program is not a repeat of nursing school. As a resident of this one-year program, you'll be given ample opportunities to expand your clinical reasoning, communication, and leadership skills in the acute care setting.
During this 1-year program, you will meet monthly for four (4) hours in a cohort setting. The cohorts provide for educational and emotional support as New Graduate Nurses transition from being a student to the role of the professional nurse. Our program includes:
- An evidence-based, blended learning curriculum with online modules, in person classes, and hands on simulation training
- Interactive group exercises
- A final evidence-based group project that will help improve patient care
- Access to state-of-the-art medical and training facilities, including:
- ASTEC (Advanced Surgical Technology and Education Center)
- ICAMS (Inova Center for Advanced Medical Simulatin)
Required Experience: This opportunity is for RN New Graduate candidates, which includes those with 6 months or less of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting. This posting is strictly for New Graduate nurses.
- Proficient in English, strong verbal, and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others
- Values team collaboration
- Proficient computer skills required
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN); Master of Science Degree in Nursing (MSN); OR Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- If Associates Degree RN, the following requirements will apply :
- Enroll in an accredited BSN program within 6 months of start date
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirement :
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Virginia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification from the American Heart Association required upon start
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k); 403(b)
- Extended Paid Parental Leave
- Student Loan R efinancing
- Student Loan Assistance Program - This new benefit offers eligible Inova team members up to $10,000 in financial assistance for unpaid student loans
- Tuition reimbursement for higher education and certification
- Inova Scholarships for Dependents Pursuing Healthcare Careers
- Dedicated on-site EAP Counselors at all hospitals
Positions available for various shifts and specialty areas at the following facilities :
- Inova Alexandria Hospital ? 4320 Seminary Rd, Alexandria, VA 22304
- Inova Fairfax Medical Campus 3300 Gallows Rd, Falls Church, VA 22042
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital 3600 Joseph Siewick Dr, Fairfax, VA 22033
- Inova Loudoun Hospital 44045 Riverside Pkwy, Leesburg, VA 20176
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital 2501 Parkers Ln, Alexandria, VA 22306
Want to learn more about Nursing at Inova Health System? Follow the link below:
Please note that this posting is for consideration on any current and future positions in our Nurse New Graduate Residency Program at Inova.
Web Reference : AJF/358346811-202
Posted Date : Mon, 04 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Inova Health. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe