HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need: What you'll do:
We are adding a Sustainability Analyst to our team in Muscatine, Iowa!
- Support HNI in achieving CSR Goals and driving sustainability practices into operations. Goals include:
- 50% Energy use intensity reduction by 2035.
- Zero waste to landfill by 2030.
- Reduce combined Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 2025 from 2018 baseline
- Support in managing sustainability data around energy, waste, and scorecards.
- Manage sustainability data inputs into Intelex application and Power BI
- Help aggregate data for reporting - internally for status meetings, and board presentations and externally for CDP, CSR report, customer requests, and potential SEC requirements.
- Help to communicate performance results through metrics & scorecards.
- Highlight and provide insights into trends and deviations and make recommendations on how to improve performance based on data analysis.
- Help promote and socialize the corporate sustainability agenda across HNI locations.
- Support communication activities and engagement with members.
- Partner with sites and external vendors, contractors, or external organizations to identify, develop, and implement new and innovative solutions, find alternatives, and identify waste and energy improvements.
- Collaborate and support site teams and technical services group to develop and execute projects to achieve sustainability goals, such as waste and energy audits, large capital projects focused on waste and energy, implementation of renewable energy onsite, etc.
- Seek grants and incentives to support transformative and innovative technologies and programs around waste and energy efficiency.
- Support in the development and implementation of sustainability procedures and standards.
- Assist in developing auditing protocol for sustainability and participate in audits to confirm adherence to HNI procedures.
What you have:
What you're good at:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Energy Management, Sustainable Resource Management, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in waste and energy auditing, waste and energy management, and environmental management systems
- Experience with Excel or Power BI
- Strong data management skills and project management skills
- Experience with auditing and process development.
- Strong interest in sustainability.
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here: https://www.hnicorp.com/social-responsibility
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here: https://www.hnicorp.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit www.HNIbenefits.com .
We also invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com to learn more!
Web Reference : AJF/353781855-202
Posted Date : Wed, 22 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of HNI Corporation. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe