A Senior Developer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining core products. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, the ability to perform multiple tasks at once, strong organizational skills and mentoring abilities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience Minimum Qualifications
- Create specifications and modify software.
- Review, qualify and update software development practices such as unit testing approaches.
- Prepare technical documentation as required.
- Provide operational support when required for operational questions/deployments.
- Collaborate with business analysts, and fellow developers.
- Provide and accept technical and functional guidance throughout projects.
- Provide thought leadership on application architecture and design by mentoring and assisting intermediate and junior developers.
- Gain a broad understanding of the product architecture and design.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and development practices and sharing information with the development team when applicable.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent discipline required. Comparable work experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Candidate must possess understanding of the software development lifecycle process.
- Understand web-centric development.
- An understanding of the financial technical industry is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as a Senior Developer will often collaborate in a team setting and preparing documents. Clear and precise communication is essential.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Must have the ability to shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to work in a strong team environment, as well as work independently.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Remote (telecommute) position within the contiguous United States.
- Minimal travel (
None. Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work may vary but generally Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work.
Web Reference : AJF/433677611-202
Posted Date : Thu, 22 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Fiserv. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe