Plastipak is seeking a tax professional to work in our Global Business and Technology Center located in Plymouth, Michigan. This position offers excellent opportunities to join our Tax Team!
- Prepare personal property tax renditions and sales/use tax returns.
- Assist with personal property and sales/use tax audits.
- Review real and personal property tax bills, and process for payment.
- Research personal property and sales tax issues, and provide transactional support.
- Research tax incentives and abatements, and prepare schedules for reporting requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of annual property and sales tax budgets for the operating sites.
- Prepare property and sales tax accruals, and periodically review and adjust as needed.
- Prepare miscellaneous annual reports and business tax returns, and supporting schedules.
- Maintain database of dues dates for assigned tasks.
- Research tax planning opportunities.
- Assist with other miscellaneous tax projects as assigned.
- Opportunities to expand and contribute in the area of state and local income tax compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 2 or more years of property and sales tax experience with a background in manufacturing and transportation; multi-state tax experience and strong tax accounting skills a plus.
- Public accounting or large corporate experience preferred.
- Strong written, oral and computer skills (preferably Word, Excel and Access).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- SAP experience helpful.
Plastipak is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Web Reference : AJF/349692161-202
Posted Date : Thu, 30 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Plastipak Holdings. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe