Sr Manager, UI/UX Design Architect
Arrow Electronics, Inc is a Fortune 104 company that helps the world's best technology companies think Five Years Out and work together to innovate. We are a global provider of technology products, services, and solutions, with 2021 sales of $30 billion. Arrow Electronics is currently seeking a Sr. Manager UI/UX Design Architect to work in our SiliconExpert subsidiary.
The UX team covers a wide range of disciplines including design, interaction, research, code development and analytics. We're organized across multi-disciplinary teams where designers and developers tightly collaborate. We are looking for someone who has experience in leading a team, as well as being a senior role in the team. The Sr. Manager UI/UX Design Architect will have a proven record of delivering a product project from the design stage all the way to launch. They will be responsible for the design & execution of innovative digital experiences. This role will lead a team of designers to successfully translate concepts into leading-edge interactive experiences.
The Sr. Manager UI/UX Design Architect ensures the usability, consistency, brand relevance, and functionality of the finished product. We are looking for someone who can reinforce their fantastic UX tastes with data-driven research, a leader of other designers and have an analytical mind for approaching and solving problems logically and thoroughly through design. We need someone who is excited about being a member of the team and contribute to the team's collective growth and success.
The ideal candidate is a master of visual design patterns and ensures the team's deliverables using UX best practices, a team player and collaborator, is excited about being part of a team of learners, constantly contributing to the team's collective growth and success. They will be very strong in visual design, front-end engineering technologies, knowledgeable on the latest trends and innovations in UI/UX, complete understanding of WCAG and 508 accessible compliance, and knowledge of research and analytics tools.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and mentor the digital creative team
- Innovate and mentor, as well as an openness to new learning, nurturing ideas and growing new skills in the UX sphere
- Assist in solving all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision
- Full stack design skills (interaction, usability, graphic design, html, CSS, SEO, Analytics, A/B testing, UX Research, etc.)
- Easily Create wireframes and review user journeys
- Create and enhance user personas
- Ensure projects are completed according to established specifications and are properly documented throughout the project life cycle
- Develop and report on KPIs for tracking digital creative team contribution to revenue and overall company performance
- Lead discussions and reviews of creative digital strategy deliverables with stakeholders
- Proactive thinking and eager to move out of comfort zone in order to develop your career and move the company forward
- Monitor software development projects throughout the entire process.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Keeps management informed of schedules, priorities, and problems.
- Execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Responsible for driving strategic direction of function in all areas of UX in scope.
- Manage staff to include hiring, performance management, salary administration, career development, motivation, and teambuilding.
- Systems analysis and design to support projects and requests-data analysis, business process analysis, hardware and software analysis.
- Drive strategy, planning and negotiations to serve Stakeholder needs
- Responsible for vendor management including evaluation, negotiation, monitoring performance to service agreements
- Enterprise level platform design experience and able to integrate multiple modules
- Self-starter and team player, with strong technical and personal leadership skills
- Impressive creative portfolio focused on digital media
- Passion for intuitive design and an uncompromising attention for details
- Must be comfortable working on multiple projects across different domains simultaneously
- Strong written and communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of information architecture and software interaction design principals
- Work closely with Product Owners, Analysts and QA in an Agile environment to ensure quality, security and maintenance of applications, and to ensure code meets development standards and guidelines
- A complete mastery of most Design, prototyping and wireframing tools
- 10+ years of proven track record working in a UI/UX design-focused role
- 10+ years professional experience in software interaction design and implementation
- Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Identifies applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
- Leads functional teams or projects and serves as a best practice/quality resource
- Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
- Manages large teams of professionals and/or junior managers
- A complete mastery of interaction design and prototyping processes
- A complete mastery of identity and brand development
- Full fluency of the DOM, including HTML, CSS, and JS
- Highly proficient in communicating ideas using whatever tool necessary
- Advanced understanding of user experience research methodologies and principals
- Superior knowledge of Accessible responsive web design and development
Directly supervises 4 or more employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.EDUCATION
Education requirements are a minimum of 16 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent related experience.About SiliconExpert
Since 2000, SiliconExpert helps you make better data-driven decisions with a human-driven experience. Over 500 electrical, software and data engineers handcraft our component database of more than one billion parts to deliver the most comprehensive and current tools in the industry. Customers globally use our solutions to manage risk, avoid redesigns, and mitigate obsolescence in innovative industries such as consumer electronics, telecommunications, automotive, medical and aerospace. SiliconExpert's customers include: leading commercial and government OEMs, top-tier authorized distributors, contract manufacturers and component suppliers. Whether it's a design engineer or financial expert, supply chain management or procurement manager, SiliconExpert is a complete components data intelligence solution for organizational alignment, efficiency, collaboration, and optimization.Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$139,200.00 - $228,387.50
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-MA-Cambridge, Massachusetts (Main Street)
Remote work employees may be required to be present at the closest designated Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the Company's request and sole discretion.
Information TechnologyEEO Statement:
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires all new employees in the United States to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning work, except where prohibited by law.
Web Reference : AJF/377684467-202
Posted Date : Sat, 01 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Arrow Electronics, Inc.. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe