United States, Minnesota, Minneapolis
Ref #: 15928
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
The Senior Systems Engineer, Data Protection will be part of a team responsible for the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, and support of various large and complex data protection platforms. Lead in providing consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, integration, incident management and problem management. Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment. Oversees and sets platform performance and availability to meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning. Duties may include leading highly complex capacity planning, system maintenance/administration, and diagnostics. Responsibilities:
- Understand technical/business requirements gathered from the business units.
- Coordinate and leading the Analysis, design, and documentation of data protection platforms to meet enterprise requirements.
- Configure, install, maintain, test, and troubleshoot hardware systems.
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies for enterprise use to consistently drive down total cost of ownership.
- Provide technical support, as needed, to the enterprise.
- Perform technical reviews comparing enterprise standard platform components with that of their leading industry competitors.
- Consult with other business units (eg application groups, DBAs, middleware, etc.)
- Ensure platforms conform to established enterprise/industry standards and reference models.
- Implement changes and upgrades to platforms with minimal impact to the business by following enterprise standards and procedures.
- Monitor, manage, and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
- Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers.
- Plan and implement life cycle management of software and hardware.
- Keep abreast of industry and technology trends.
.May perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Bachelors degree in an IT field, in addition to two years applicable experience in the design/administration/support of one or more platforms; or 6 years of experience in data protection design, implementation and support of large enterprise environments
- Experience in data protection technologies such as Veritas, Actifio, Cohesity
- AWS experience preferred
- Scripting experience (bash/shell)
- Proven record of accomplishments in major enterprise level projects
- Experience in design of complex distributed systems environments
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Ability to clearly communicate and present to various levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Independent and self-motivated and very thorough worker
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), demonstrated teamwork skills, be innovative, creative and have strong problem-solving abilities.
< Go back
Web Reference : AJF/404632895-202
Posted Date : Mon, 03 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Delta. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe