Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Product Strategy for the Senior Products division, the Senior Analyst owns the end-to-end development of market data and analytics across Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and future Medicare markets. The Senior Analyst will play an integral role in the assessment of current and new market opportunities, as well as support the annual development of product strategies for multiple Medicare markets and products. This may include leading the development of market assessments, conducting competitor benefit analysis, analytics and membership forecasts, development of business cases, and partner due diligence.
To drive Medicare product management and new business opportunities, the Senior Analyst assesses qualitative and quantitative data, collaborates cross functionally to assure successful and comprehensive analysis, conducts in-depth analysis of competitor and Tufts performance, and performs membership and financial modeling for new business opportunities, creating deliverables for both internal and external audiences at all levels.
This position requires strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, as well as an ability to synthesize information for a wide range of audiences. This is a highly visible role and strong interpersonal skills are a necessity. The Senior Analyst will be part of a team working in a fast-paced environment, requiring excellent time management and prioritization skills. A high degree of independence and good business judgement is expected.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Market analysis: Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data and research on existing and potential markets, as well as the creation of market assessment deliverables. Provide data-driven insights and growth recommendations to all levels of leadership.
- Year-round Product Strategy: Participate in the year-round Product strategy process for current business lines across Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut markets. Conduct annual competitor diligence, identify opportunities for new product features, supporting the cross-functional assessment to understand the financial, strategic, and operational implications, as well as gaining buy-in from different functional areas.
- New Business Opportunities: Play a key role in the end-to-end assessment and development of new product initiatives for multiple states and business lines in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and potential new markets, owning specific components of the overall plan. Example projects include assessing launching a new product line or a new joint venture. Includes leading supporting market research initiatives, regulatory research and synthesis, national and local market assessments, and working cross functionally to understand the operational and business implications.
- Deliverable preparation: Assemble deliverables for internal and external audiences, eg Board and executive presentations, product performance reports, CMS applications
Qualifications (Minimum education & experience level required):
- Bachelor s degree in business administration, economics, statistics, or related field required.
- Two or more years of business and analytical experience preferred, with demonstrated modeling and project management experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint required
- SQL, SAS, Tableau, Alteryx and/or MS Access experience preferred but not required; interest in learning and using these programs required
- Interest in developing a robust understanding of healthcare landscape required; healthcare experience preferred but not required
Skill requirements (include complexity of position):
- Ability to organize, analyze, and synthesize large sets of qualitative and quantitative information to influence strategic decisions
- Highly detail oriented with critical degree of accuracy regarding documentation and analysis
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and have the flexibility to adapt to changing processes and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to validate and interpret results, and communicate these results effectively
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Comfort managing amid ambiguity required
Interpersonal skills (include personal interaction):
- This position must be able to work collaboratively with all levels of staff and management across multiple areas within Product Planning and Strategy and other areas of the company (Actuary, Network Contracting, Care Management, Operations, etc.) to drive thought leadership and move projects forward
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
What we build together changes our customer's health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees - including remote employees - must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better health care experience to everyone in our communities. Building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
At Point32Health, we re working to reshape the world of health care by pushing past the status quo and delivering even more to the diverse communities we serve: more innovation, more access, more support, and healthier lives. And we want people like you on our side to make it even better.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R3302
Web Reference : AJF/344409633-202
Posted Date : Mon, 08 Aug 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Point32Health. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe