We are seeking a qualified candidate to work with the Veterans Administration's Enterprise System Engineering/Capacity Management for Telecommunications team. The selected individual will serve as a member of a team that provides Enterprise level recommendations based on WAN evaluations, capacity projections, and application usage, to VA senior leadership on enterprise communications. Provide Tier4 escalation support when issues arise, deployment support for new technologies or architectures in the Washington, D.C. office
Work Experience/Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years' experience in a large enterprise environment involving network architecture and management
- Experience with Cisco router and switch administration
- Understanding of capacity management/planning techniques and processes
- An in-depth knowledge/understanding of carrier circuits to include, but not limited to T1, DS3, OC3, and Ethernet Transport Services.
- Multi-address family BGP, OSPF, EIGRP knowledge is a must
- Ability to interact with executive level Veterans Administrative staff
- Desire to learn new technologies such as Cloud, 100G Metro-E, and SD-WAN.
- Ability to work across multiple projects; provide written/verbal status updates on each project on a regular basis to the team lead, Program Manager and customer
- Knowledge and understanding of Network management and application analysis tools is required (NetScout, SolarWinds) and (OpNet preferred)
- Make architecture recommendations to support the growing needs of the VA
- Test the recommendations for enterprise compatibility in the state of the art network design lab
- Use existing Network Management tools to provide capacity management/utilization reports
- Provide on-call escalation support in the event that an issue arises that cannot be rectified by the network operations team
- Write white papers on new technology uses in the VA and how it will help support the mission of the VA
Mandatory Qualifications (Please list all Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills that are Required to get an interview. These mandatory qualifications should be non-negotiable based on your contract requirements)
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline with 5 years relevant experience is required. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- PWS Specified Certifications: This position requires privileged system access. The applicant shall have six months to obtain an industry standard certification.
- Miscellaneous: Duties may require traveling, being on call periodically, and occasionally working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Background Investigation: Must be able to pass a government Tier 4 High Background Investigation
Desired Qualifications (Please list all Education, Certifications, Experience, and Skills that are desired. These should not be disqualifiers, but rather nice to haves):
- Education/Experience: 5+ years' experience in a large enterprise environment involving network architecture and management
- Strong understanding of Networking
- Strong understanding of Cisco CLI (IOS/XE/NX-OS)
Certifications: CCNP capable or higher preferred
Web Reference : AJF/345753261-202
Posted Date : Fri, 01 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of GovCIO. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe