.Must be at least 18 years old to be considered.*
The Senior Solutions Engineer will work independently across business areas, IT teams and vendors to identify, review and deploy moderately complex solutions. Ownership of deployed solutions, monitoring performance, facilitating outage resolution and communicating outage status to key stakeholders is key to this role. In addition, this role is responsible for managing the vendor relationships, understanding solution roadmaps and planning release testing and deployments. Solution documentation, diagrams and flowcharts are required to be developed and maintained in a central repository. The Senior Solutions Engineer will become the in- house subject matter expert for all owned solutions.
- Assists business areas in identifying solutions or acting on solutions requested by business partners, reviewing for alignment to meet business goals and that solutions meet IT requirements.
- Performs solution gap analysis & comparison to assess solutions vs business requirements to ensure best selection
- Facilitates JAD sessions with IT teams for technical review of proposed solutions, documenting outcomes and driving questions and discussions to obtain IT team approvals and steering discussions resulting in decision points on how to deploy and support the solution.
- Designs and proposes support processes for end users around new or previously deployed solutions
Deployments -Testing & Installation
- Responsible for deciding and recommending to business partners, the most effective way to deploy solutions or releases including cadence and volume of rollout to stores.
- Works within PMO framework, responsible for ordering equipment and on deployment related tasks as needed
- Provides PMO and key stakeholders timely status updates on deployments
- Adheres to IT procedures and policies such as Change Management & Data Governance. Obtains change control approval through approved tools, represents and speaks to requested changes at standing meetings
- Schedules planning and status calls with project manager and key stakeholders
- Arrange and participate in testing as needed prior to production launches of releases and fixes.
- Recommend deployment schedules to minimize risk and potential negative impacts to the business.
- Performs or organizes application testing as required to validate changes or new release/fix launches or IT initiatives requiring application testing for validation
- Performs remote installation using approved tools as needed during deployment or troubleshooting
- Tracks enhancement and maintenance tasks and related timekeeping in Innotas
Application Ownership - Monitoring, Maintenance & Tier 2 Support
- Conducts periodic checks with business and store contacts to ensure systems are running without issue.
- Provides Tier 2 troubleshooting support to stores, engaging vendors and IT teams to triage issues as needed.
- Seeks ways to improve tool usage and performance where possible to improve the end user experience.
- Identifies areas of risk concerning deployed solutions, works with business and IT teams to identify and mitigate identified risk.
- Develops tools and processes where possible to proactively monitor for solution outages so resolution can be worked on as quickly as possible.
Solution Documentation/Knowledgebase Maintenance
- Creates and maintains high level and detailed system diagrams & usage flow charts for owned applications
- Writes and maintains knowledge articles for the Helpdesk to assist with Tier 1 support
- Receives training from vendors on new solutions as needed to become a SME on the solution
- Keeps up to date on functionality and data changes in vendor releases
- Maintain vendor relationships for owned applications. Conducts periodic reviews with vendors to discuss solution performance and future solution roadmaps.
- Track vendor release and fix roadmap. Hold discussions with business partners on content and need to deploy. Plan deployments across IT teams as needed.
- Interaction with all levels within AutoNation
- Interaction across internal business units, external vendors, stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- 5 years Solution/Systems Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with associates at all levels of the organization.
- General IT knowledge across areas within IT, have knowledge and experience with IT systems, Hardware, Software & Web applications
- Remote software installation experience
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects.
- Proficient with MS applications Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio
- Ability to prepare system & process diagrams
- Remote or onsite software installation experience
- Detail Oriented
- Process development skills
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Information Technology
- PMP certification
- Automotive industry experience
- Dealership business operational knowledge is a plus
- Experience using lnnotas
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Next Possible Position: Solutions Engineer II
- Occasional travel may be required if needed (10%).
- Long hours at times and the ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Web Reference : AJF/346736720-202
Posted Date : Sun, 26 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of AutoNation Headquarters. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe