Explore research careers and be a part of something bigger!
Labcorp Drug Development helps to develop new drugs, medical devices and diagnostics. Your role is vital to improving the health of family, friends and animals. What you will be doing:
As a Research Assistant you'll collect, document, and manage pertinent data including animal observations, test material administration, and clinical sample collection involved in toxicology studies.
How you will be rewarded!
- Responsible for independently carrying out technical phases of complex toxicology studies, including study management, data organization, QA audit response, internal and external client communication skills, and quality check procedures.
- Assess and document clinical observations, body weight data, food consumption data, environmental data, and other data on the appropriate data collection system (or by hand when necessary).
- Monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance. Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Train new or less experienced staff.
- Assist in the development of new procedures and write SOPs.
- Learn to prepare costings, staff plans, and scheduling activities.
- Learn to assist in client visits, debriefings, and study initiations.
- Write, review and/or finalize report protocols, protocol amendments, and reports.
- Identifies and take appropriate action with problems, potential problems with protocols, SOPs, and schedules.
- Effectively schedules multiple assignments.
- Maintains well documented laboratory records according to GLPs.
- May assume supervisory responsibility during the absence of the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds; frequent lifting throughout the day; prolonged standing; extended hand manipulation, including but not limited to, grasping and holding.
- May work with potentially hazardous substances not limited to known/potential teratogens or carcinogens and/or radiolabeled test materials.
Working in Madison, WI our Research Assistants:
- Pay rate: up to $25 per hour based on experience
- Work rotating weekends, holidays and overtime with supplementary compensation
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology
- AALAS certification at Laboratory Animal Technologist level desirable
- At least 3 years of animal laboratory related experience
- Experience may be substituted for education requirements
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Web Reference : AJF/424779615-202
Posted Date : Fri, 23 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of LabCorp. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe