This position is available to residents of Virginia as Richmond & Lynchburg in-office applicants and remote applicants residing in states/locations under Eastern or Central Standard Time: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, Vermont, West Virginia or Wisconsin
Genworth policy requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before they visit any Genworth office. For certain positions where office attendance is deemed to be essential to the role, offers of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination or exception based on a qualifying medical or religious accommodation request.
The Data Analyst will support Genworth's customer service organization through understanding and leveraging source systems to structure and build out a data warehouse environment, analyze and interpret of historical and current data to identify business trends and anomalies and prepare recommendations for improving performance and avoiding operational disruptions. The Analyst will develop and deliver routine and ad hoc reports on customer service metrics and will be the primary technical liaison between the DBA and ETL team for all Operations Data Warehousing related matters.
- Develop and build queries, dashboards, and ad hoc reporting to help leaders gain insight into business trends and root causes. Work with management teams across all functional areas to automate and streamline reporting and analytic efforts.
- Maintain, expand, and improve the Operations Data Warehouse with RDMBS object creation.
- Learn to navigate and utilize our Verint Customer Service platform to derive data extracts.
- Analyze data sets for critical insights, patterns, and trends to develop and communicate opportunities for optimization of the business enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Drive proactive advanced analytics and extracts data from multiple sources: Customer Service, Workforce Management, Contact Management, Policy, Claims, and creates integrated reports to address business needs.
- Responsible for supporting management team by attending to questions and concerns, including providing individual support and escalation of incidents as needed. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on analyses and data development for the Leadership team.
- Strong communication skills & process orientation. Work with a diverse group of customers, subject matter experts, and technical developers.
- Ability to share ongoing work with teammates, including documentation, demonstration and teaching as developments are made.
- Meet with team leaders and other internal customers to gather necessary feedback including insights into process and data usage. Then apply learnings to analysis and reports to improve delivery of data and insights.
- Ability to manage projects from the simple to complex. Including coordination across business functions to achieve defined project goals.
- A bachelor's degree in an analytical field of study and/or related work experience and certifications.
- Intermediate proficiency with various Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and understanding the processes, procedures, and best practices of the platform.
- Intermediate proficiency in writing SQL for ad-hoc reporting, data cleaning and anomaly detection.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify trends and solve problems with data.
- Experience guiding/teaching others about the skills being utilized.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills.
- Works well balancing competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independent and in group atmosphere.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- At Genworth, we are committed to caring for our customers and for the safety of our colleagues. During inclement weather (or other events which may make the office inaccessible), this role will be required to work remotely. High speed internet and a distraction free area are required.
- Familiar with Call Center operational concepts and key performance indicators.
- Experience working with SAP Business Objects and TIBCO Spotfire Business Intelligence.
- Experience in data management and cleaning including database object creation - SQL Functions and Views.
- Experience and knowledge in Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes and Data Pipelining.
- Experience and knowledge in Data Warehouse best practices.
- Experience in PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with Call Center Management programs.
- Project management experience.
- We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We give back to the communities where we live
We offer competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
- Generous Choice Time Off
- 12 paid Holidays
- 40 hours of Volunteer Time Off
- 401K account with matching contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Family Leave
- Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a Fortune 500 provider of products, services and solutions that help families address the financial challenges of aging. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, we apply our nearly 150 years of experience each day to helping people navigate caregiving options and fund their long term care needs. Genworth is also the parent company of publicly traded Enact Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACT), a leading U.S. mortgage insurance provider. For more information on Genworth, please visit https://www.genworth.com/. From time to time Enact separately releases financial and other information about its operations. This information can be found at https://ir.enactmi.com/.
The mission of Genworth's US Life business is to efficiently keep our promises to our customers and their families and to lead the industry forward to solve the nation's long term care crisis.
We know we can't deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That's why we're committed to creating a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees' well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we're dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
Web Reference : AJF/361740014-202
Posted Date : Mon, 26 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Genworth. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe