At a glance:
- Are you a technically sophisticated leader skilled at enhancing the client experience through the development and implementation of network improvements?
- Can you commit to a position guiding the direction of a technology leader through the development of complex network systems?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:
As a Network Engineer IV, exceeding client expectations is at the center of your daily focus. Using industry-current technical skills, you simplify and enhance the client experience by leading the identification, forecasting, planning and implementation of resource requirements for highly complex projects. You excel in guiding project quality by establishing and maintaining corporate standards. You are passionate about developing and integrating network enhancements and making process improvement recommendations.
You accelerate project completions by implementing approved network architecture and designs. You maximize the department's success by conducting team evaluations and monitoring development efforts. You thrive in an office environment and depending on the business unit you may be part of a 24/7 work environment. You report to the Manager of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance. Position benefits:
What you will do:
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
Required keys for success:
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Successfully support mission-critical business systems through the design, deployment and maintenance of local and wide area network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure technologies.
- Drive network engineering projects through knowledge of routing and switching platforms and troubleshooting and coordinating implementations.
- Expand offered products and services by working closely with architects and engineers in designing, modeling and implementing new technologies and becoming a trusted partner through the delivery of client services.
- Maintain continuous network operations by troubleshooting and resolving major network and system issues.
- Effectively plan and manage projects by documenting project requirements, including scope, cost, scheduling, testing and terms of delivery to ensure high-quality standards and timely completion within budget.
- Improve efficiency by mentoring less experienced engineers in key elements of the system and providing presentations to internal team members.
- Position the company at the forefront of the industry by researching and identifying technology opportunities and their business applications.
- Test and validate new hardware and connections to ensure proper configuration and technical performance.
- Comply with all industry-specific local, state and federal regulations for every project and encourage team growth by knowing, understanding and following company policy.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Six or more years of data network experience.
- In-depth data networking knowledge, such as the open systems interconnection (OSI) model, transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) and optical transport.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards, such as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), multi-mode fiber, single-mode fiber, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances, architecture, protocols and topology.
- Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software tools.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proven leadership and communication skills for internal and external relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry and vendor-specific certifications or training, such as Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred).
ENE312 317079-2 317079BR
Web Reference : AJF/419751943-202
Posted Date : Wed, 21 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of SPECTRUM. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe