SEEKING TOP TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND
-Relocation Support Available-
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most legendary brands in the world today. With a history that spans back to 1837, Tiffany & Co is a jeweler and specialty retailer, whose merchandise offerings include an extensive selection of jewelry, as well as timepieces, sterling silverware, china, crystal, stationery, fragrances, and accessories. Tiffany & Co. operates a manufacturing facility in Lexington, KY where jewelry products unique to our company are crafted by a diverse workforce.
At Tiffany, we recognize the vital role our employees play in maintaining our competitive advantage. Therefore, we reward you with industry-leading compensation packages that include health, well-being and retirement programs, and a variety of other valuable benefits eligible as of day one.
The Quality Assurance manager will ensure that the Lexington facility, in Lexington, KY, can reliably provide goods and services that meet or exceeds Tiffany's quality standard. This is a collaborative process between the internal manufacturing sites and subcontractors, ensuring that products and services meet the agreed-upon requirements, with minimum inspection or modification. The role will lead a team that will apply a risk-based approach that assesses the criticality of the design process, and the impact on the finished good product at inspection. Critical interactions will include the Design Team, New Product Integration, manufacturing and the subcontractors. Responsibilities will include the improvement of out quality inspection programs, further development of our quality control process to set control points in place throughout manufacturing and the implementation of the quality assurance program.
- Quality Inspection: Lead and direct a team of quality inspectors in prioritizing daily work and ensuring the understanding of product quality requirements.
- Quality Control: Work with the Quality Engineer, Manufacturing and NPI teams to develop quality control points throughout the manufacturing processes to ensure product meets the defined requirements.
- Quality Assurance: Work with he Design team, NPI and Manufacturing teams to ensure product is developed in a manner consistent with the quality requirements established within the Merchandise Vendor Manual.
- Ensure Design for Manufacturability by working with the NPI and Manufacturing Teams.
- Drive Continuous Improvement within internal manufacturing and subcontractors.
- Utilize systematic data to help identify and define problem statements and identify systemic trend issues.
- Ensure the use of proper tools to identify Root Cause of occurrence and source of non-detection are used and are effective.
- Work with team to validate that the corrective actions put in place for occurrence and non-detection are effective and sustainable.
- Implement error proofing methods when possible.
- Collaborate with other internal manufacturing sites to ensure product flow is not interrupted due to quality issues.
- Use leading indicators to reduce the potential impact of quality issues on production.
- Actively participate in the development and deployment of global standardization initiatives.
- Ensure best practices are shared and implemented from facility to facility, including poka yokes.
- Participate in continuing education, utilizing training for ISO 9001 systems, Continuous Improvement classes, industry standard or other sources of education related to the position and industry.
- BS in Engineering - Industrial Engineer of similar field (Experience will be evaluated in place of degree)
- 5+ years in Quality role within a manufacturing environment
- Experience leading a team of various skill - eg inspector/leads/engineers
- Experience in developing and/or supporting a quality management system.
- Strength in critical thinking, utilizing root cause analysis to aid in problem solving
- Experience using various tools and able to mentor team in the use of said tools pertaining to problem solving, statistical analysis and Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Has worked in a high mix environment, with a broad supplier base
- Proficient in English - written and oral (Spanish a plus)
- Proficient in MS Office tools, Minitab or similar stats tool, reading Prints/CAD/3D Models
- Proven application of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Experience in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
Web Reference : AJF/358527722-202
Posted Date : Thu, 30 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Tiffany & Co.. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe