DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We also pioneered the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve and to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and Responsibilities
The SOX Compliance Manager, will lead a small team to oversee the timely and complete design, implementation, documentation, assessment and continuous improvement of DISH's accounting and financial reporting processes and internal controls, in support of all accounting operations across all business units. Reporting directly to DISH's Director, Technical Accounting, the SOX Compliance Manager will interact regularly with all accounting and finance leadership to evolve DISH's internal control structure as the Company expands its Wireless business segment, including deployment and operation of the nation's first cloud-native, Open Radio Access Network (O-RAN) based 5G network.
DISH seeks an individual who will work effectively throughout the organization to ensure compliance with all internal and external requirements for the operating effectiveness of internal controls, including requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. This will include a meaningful contribution to the development and scaling of the numerous new processes and controls required by the continuing growth our Retail Wireless and 5G Network Deployment business units. Additionally, s/he will focus on the continuous evaluation, improvement and documentation of our accounting processes and controls covering our Pay-TV business segment. Primary Responsibilities
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Manage the internal control/SOX team to prepare all information essential to the understanding and assessment of internal controls, including risk and control matrices and narrative descriptions and/or flowcharts of processes
- Identify and communicate to the broader accounting team observations and recommendations for the enhancement of processes and internal controls
- Assist the accounting team with the design and implementation of processes and internal controls
- Facilitate internal control audit work performed by DISH's internal and external auditors
- Work with the Technical Accounting team to consider the need for the design and implementation of new controls in response to new accounting standards or policies
- Assist in the training and development of DISH personnel to support compliance with established processes and controls
- Monitor for changes to regulatory requirements or standards over internal control and implement modifications to DISH's internal control structure, as required
- Manage DISH's quarterly segregation of duties analysis
- Oversee the approval processes covering access to DISH's business systems and network drives
- Maintain best practices for the oversight of outsourced service providers and their SOX compliance policies and procedures
- CPA or CIA strongly preferred; MBA is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in public accounting, including experience auditing the internal control over financial reporting of publicly traded companies
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proficiency with:
- Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Internal Control - Integrated Framework (2013) issued by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO)
- Auditing Standards of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
- US GAAP
- Applicable flowcharting software
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
The SOX Compliance Manager will also have the opportunity to augment the accounting team in support of special projects and other corporate accounting and tax needs. Salary Range
Compensation: $74,700.00/Year - $115,000.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
Web Reference : AJF/382514245-202
Posted Date : Sat, 02 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of DISH. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe