Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter Technology's high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter Technology's wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing. Carpenter's Latrobe Specialty Metals operations, based in Latrobe, Pa., was acquired by Carpenter Technology in 2012 and manufactures high-performance specialty alloys serving aerospace, energy and other demanding markets.
Location: Latrobe, PA
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE QUALITY SPECIALIST
- Proactively improve process and product Quality at Carpenter to increase First Time Through (FTT).
- E stablish Critical to Quality measures (CTQ), Key Process Characteristics (KCC), Key Control Characteristics (KCC), control plans and FMEA.
- Increase customer satisfaction by reducing claims, remakes, scrap and deviations from standard work.
- Establish framework for gathering and synthesizing data to effectively detect and solve quality issues to prevent recurrence using appropriate quality strategies, tools, and techniques.
- Stabilize processes and implement process controls (SPC) to establish and maintain process capability using statistical methods.
- Master inspection, measurement and sampling methods and lead efforts for method improvements. (MSA)
- Along with the Lead Auditor, maintain policies and procedures related to AS9100, AS9120, Nadcap, ISO9001 and other related standards company-wide. Provides training on quality systems. Maintain the company's conformance to the standards and internal audit processes. Leads 3rd party and customer audits when required. Prepares documents for required management reviews.
- Review supplier audit findings to communicate their performance and discuss corrective measures, as necessary.
- Maintain a central Quality records database and ensures integrity of the data and data accessibility. Maintain customer required documents including PPAP's, VAP's, and Control Plans. Maintain systems and procedures for containment of non-conforming materials and products throughout the company. Assists in the completion of quality audits for Carpenter companies, customers, and third parties. Ensure that internal and customer corrective actions as well as customer claims are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Maintain supplier quality representative (SQR) requirements, as required by certain customers.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED FOR THE QUALITY SPECIALIST
- High School Diploma required. Four-year technical college degree preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant quality experience required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and various software programs to support and continuously improve the audit process.
PREFERRED FOR THE QUALITY SPECIALIST
- Problem solving skills to include check sheet, Parto diagram, cause-and-effect diagram, graphs, control charts, histogram and scatter diagram.
- Expert knowledge of quality system management, audit and corrective action processed and root cause analysis.
- Ability to provide guidance, assistance and expertise to others in the form of training, coaching, and facilitating the audit process.
- Ability to develop the audit schedule and comply with planned arrangements.
- Strong understanding or engineering principles, standards, methods and practices. Knowledge of disciplined problem-solving methods.
- Ability to interpret customer needs, assess requirements and identify solutions to non-standard requests.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions. Ability to work independently of others and be self-directive and goal oriented but possess the ability to work in a team as the Team Leader or on the team with other auditors (when required).
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Web Reference : AJF/335132189-202
Posted Date : Wed, 22 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Carpenter Technology. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe