SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under supervision, the Quality Control Inspector I performs receiving, in process, final, and/or lab certification testing on components/materials received and finished products manufactured. They apply a working knowledge of GD&T principles and applications.SHIFT
SNA - Shift 2 (10%) (United States of America - California)WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ensure compliance to Orchid requirements in inspection and record keeping. Collect inspection data and report results.
- Maintain accurate documentation at all times during the manufacturing and inspection process per Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Perform complete Device History Record review including inspection documentation
- Ensure all raw materials received meet specifications.
- Perform testing and inspection at various stages of production, including visual and dimensional inspection
- Ensure customer specifications and other applicable internal & external requirements are followed.
- Use handheld inspection tools for measurement purposes, such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, optical comparator, gage blocks, and dial indicators
- Conduct physical inspection of product with gauging such as: Thread gages, plug gages, pin gages, functional gages.
- Perform visual and/or cosmetic inspection of product following applicable procedure(s) using appropriate light sources. Monitor equipment to ensure proper operation and escalate any equipment-related issues
- Communicate potential nonconforming situations to Quality Engineering and Quality Management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic manufacturing concepts and processes.
- Quarantine non-conforming or potential non-conforming parts or materials.
- Work modified schedules to support production requirements as necessary .
- Complete First Article Inspections as well as receiving, in-process, and final and packaging inspections against customer requirements with minimal supervision
- Train inspection personnel
- Inspect customer-returned parts
- Under guidance, perform first piece inspections to support production and perform internal manufactured first articles.
- Advocate for the health and safety of self, co-workers, customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Complete all required training.
Experience in a Scientific Field (Preferred), Experience in Quality Inspection and Lean Manufacturing (Preferred), No previous work experience required
High School Or Equivalent Required,
Any - American Society for Quality, Any - Technical Trade SchoolKNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Blueprint Reading (Working Experience), Collaboration (Working Experience), Communication (Working Experience), Computer Knowledge (Working Experience), Data Entry (Working Experience), GD&T (Working Experience), Handwriting (Working Experience), Information Processing (Working Experience), Layout Inspection (Working Experience), Mathematical Ability (Working Experience), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Working Experience), Time management (Working Experience), Visual Quality Assurance (Working Experience)WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Constantly visually inspect parts
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work mandatory overtime and weekends as required
- Frequently quickly grasp objects
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Web Reference : AJF/375087061-202
Posted Date : Wed, 22 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Orchid Orthopedics. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe