Located in Des Moines, IA GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
This position's primary responsibility is to manage the people and enforce processes related to event and problem handling on their specific shift. This role will also work closely with the third-shift Sr. Manager to ensure event and problem is being addressed according to established processes. This individual will ensure the NOC meets established internal and external customer requirements as documented in interface agreements regarding service uptime, mean time to repair, issue acknowledgement, ticket documentation and root cause analysis. This position is responsible for constantly reviewing current and potential tools and processes to provide continual improvement of the NOC's handling of events, outages or ticket requests. This person will work as a team member within the larger context of Network Operations and Mediacom to advise and guide peers and customers on processes related to this role. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage their specific with responsibilities towards event and problem management duties.
- Provide direction and written processes to Network Operations.
- Ensure consistent ticket information to provide useful and accurate outage reporting for the business.
- Manage the creation and accuracy of outage report information, which is reviewed by the business in real time each week.
- Working with managers who represent other aspects of the NOC's functions to ensure event management has a full understanding of the service provided by the NOC and for use towards troubleshooting.
- Ensure the creation, review, completion and timely distribution of root cause analysis requests within the requirements established by internal and external interface agreements and contracts.
- Consistently keep informed of technological or process innovations that can reduce cost, time-to-restore or improve employee experience. This includes the recommendations that stem from root cause analysis documents.
- Work with internal groups and external vendors to set and meet requirements set by the business.
- The person will communicate technical, as well as business issues and status to Sr. Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work well under stress and follow detailed procedures, as well as possess good decision making skills.
- Two plus years practical experience using Remedy, or similar, ticket application.
- Experience with ITIL 3.0 with regard to processes.
- Two plus years experience working in a Network Operations Center.
- Practical experience with event and problem management procedures and tools, such as Netcool, SolarWinds or equivalent systems.
- Previous Cable TV/Broadband and/or Telecommunications experience a plus.
- Understanding of VoIP, High Speed Data and optical transport infrastructure components.
- Proactive, can-do attitude with excellent analytic skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Two plus years experience working in a 7x24x365 support environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Two plus year supervisory or above experience in a NOC environment.
- Must have motivational skills and people management skills.
- Detail and team oriented.
It is the policy of Mediacom to provide equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Web Reference : AJF/354774285-202
Posted Date : Sun, 26 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Mediacom. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe