Your role as Principal of Software Engineering is to work with engineering teams and architecture to produce high-quality technology solutions. You will be given the autonomy to lead, design and develop innovative solutions to some of the biggest technical issues facing the banking industry. As Principal, you will serve as a peer-leader tasked with pursuing cutting-edge initiatives and solutions. The breadth of Citizens operations ensures a diversity of projects as the bank pivots towards innovation and customer experience.
The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working as a Principal Full Stack Developer to design and develop applications ensuring both the success of the product and adherence to enterprise architecture principles.
- Participating in an environment using Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Designing, modifying, developing and implementing software solutions. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals.
- Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Employing industry best practices to evaluate, correct and prevent vulnerabilities during the software development process.
- Serving as a peer-leader, encouraging a culture of innovation and accountability while adhering to Agile best practices.
- 7+ years of hands-on software development, with proven experience in developing and supporting commercial software products
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor software engineers
- Extensive experience in Node/Express and popular Node frameworks
- Hands on experience with Java, Spring, SpringBoot
- Working knowledge of front end frameworks such as Angular, React or Vue.
- Good understanding of CaaS, PaaS, IaaS and security protocols such as OAuth and SAML
- Experience delivering and supporting containerized solutions using Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC, SRE processes - CI/CD tooling, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Nexus etc.
- Must have working knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or similar
- Experience in NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB or similar
- Hands on experience working with code quality and code coverage tools
- Experience with streaming frameworks/platforms like Kafka, Kinesis, SQS or Storm
- Comfortable with pair programming and in-depth code reviews
- Familiarity with clearly documenting APIs with tools like OpenAPI, Swagger
- Bash and Linux experience
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect
- Understand data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- Understanding of banking system and custodial and consumer banking operations
- Experience with Apache, Lucene, Memcache, RAbbitMQ
- Familiar with Lambda development in AWS
- Experience with Domain Driven Design and CQRS/ES
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- Preferred: Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Web Reference : AJF/441950181-202
Posted Date : Fri, 30 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Citizens. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe