As a Business Intelligence (BI) Manager for vCom, you will be responsible for business intelligence, data analytics and reporting, providing executive dashboards via Tableau using vCom's Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design. You will also work closely with business sponsors, stakeholders, developers, and QA personnel to help deliver solutions that fully align with business objectives.
Your attention to detail is impeccable, you learn quickly, and you have excellent communication skills. You have enthusiasm for and a great sense of pride in your work, and strive to contribute to the overall success of the team at all times. You're comfortable being held accountable in a team-oriented environment. You see opportunities to improve processes and confidently bring your ideas to the table. You're driven to face challenges head on with a sense of urgency and follow through to reach resolutions.
What you'll do:
- Develop Executive Dashboards with key performance indicators and present the findings.
- Interact closely with leadership on monthly reporting calendar requirements/delivery.
- Provide analysis, design, development, and implementation of Tableau Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, OLAP.
- Design and deploy rich graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down menu options and Parameterized views using Tableau.
- Create Data Model design, Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading, Mappings & Workflows, Customized Analytics Reports.
- Provide hands-on development with Tableau architecture, design, development, user interactivity, and end user experience.
- Manage the small offshore BI & Analytics development team
- Lead, build, maintain, and improve datasets, dashboards, and other end-user information portals or resources.
- Participate in and drive continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including developing processes for automation of updates to dashboards and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Effectively incorporate client delivery schedules and operational changes into future revenue forecasts and revenue timeline considerations.
- May hold ownership of special projects and initiatives, using advanced data analysis, to drive process improvements or support executive leadership in strategic planning and decisions.
- Work across the organization and maintain/build strong working relationships based in experiences/past interactions.
- Performs data blending, cross-database joins, and unions extracting data/connecting live to the data source.
- Provide and oversee technical support and troubleshooting of BI-related issues and report design.
- Provide analytical and problem-solving solutions.
What you'll bring:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject; or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of relevant experience in Data Warehousing, Data Marts, ETL frameworks and Data Mining, Dimensional Modeling, and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- 3+ Years of Production level experience in Tableau (Server, Desktop, Online and Reader) in various reporting objects like facts, attributes, hierarchies, transformations, filters, prompts, calculated fields, sets, groups, parameters, etc., in Tableau.
- Comprehensive understanding or knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and OLTP Databases
- Well versed with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) as well as the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Solid experience in developing procedures and scripts using T-SQL programming
- Experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Ability to work on complex issues, analyze situations or data that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Intellectual curiosity and agility to navigate ambiguous circumstances
- Possess strong executive presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, working with C-Level and leadership individuals as well as line managers
The Selection Process
- After submitting a resume, qualified candidates will be invited to complete two separate assessments
- Once the assessments are completed, candidates will participate in a pre-screening phone screen with Human Resources
- A select group of candidates will be interviewed (rounds of interviews may include the team, the VP Software Development, other department leaders, and the COO)
Only those candidates currently authorized for work in the United States will be considered for employment as we are not sponsoring new employment visas at this time. For this role, we will consider transferring an existing work visa for a well-qualified candidate.
vCom is a cloud-based software and managed services company focused on helping enterprises simplify and better manage every phase of the lifecycle of their IT spend. Our growth, innovation, and strong customer relationships are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering amazing outcomes for our customers and team members. vCom has received the prestigious Best Places to Work award in the SF Bay Area for 15 years in a row and has been named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work (Employee's Choice, Small Business List).
vCom Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Web Reference : AJM/241776830-202
Posted Date : Mon, 27 Jun 2022