Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Assist organization in modernizing DevOps functions. Solid foundational understanding and experience with Kubernetes, Containers, Service Based Development, AWS, GitLab, Jira, etc. Development experience with Java and .NET a plus.
This position requires work in support of the Companys contract with the United States Department of Education (ED). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
Colorado Candidates: Pay range for this role is $90,000-$130,000
We are looking for a DevOps architect to work with multiple teams to architect, create, and manage our next-gen software development process and create an automated delivery pipeline that assists in building software more efficiently. The responsibilities of a DevOps architect include assessing, supporting, and implementing high-quality information technology architecture.
To be successful as a DevOps architect, you should demonstrate a leadership mindset, solid operational experience, and the ability to problem-solve. Ultimately, a top-notch DevOps Architect should have exceptional communication skills, be knowledgeable about the latest industry trends, and highly innovative. DevOps Architect Responsibilities:
DevOps Architect Requirements:
- Facilitating the development process and operations.
- Identifying setbacks and shortcomings.
- Creating suitable DevOps channels across the organization.
- Establishing continuous build environments to speed up software development.
- Designing efficient practices.
- Delivering comprehensive best practices.
- Managing and reviewing technical operations.
- Guiding the development team.
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
- Previous experience working on a 24x7 cloud or SaaS operation team. (AWS Preferred)
- Experience with infrastructure management and monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps Platform tooling ( Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.)
- Working knowledge of automation service provisioning and middleware configuration.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software development with a strong expertise in at least one key competency.
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a technical or development leader with a demonstrated ability to deliver medium to large scale technology solutions.
- Strong full-stack development and infrastructure knowledge. Experienced with software development, configuration management, and infrastructure setup.
- Strong automation skills (tool agnostic) and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes.
- In-depth knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
- Strong operational experience in Windows and Linux/Unix environments, and with enterprise networking (F5, DNS, Certificates, Kerberos, etc.)
- Ability to review deployment and operational environments to reduce failure, identify bottlenecks, and troubleshoot issues across infrastructure/CI & CD pipelines.
- Effective cross-functional leadership skills: working with engineering and operational teams to ensure systems are secure, scalable, and reliable.
- Expert skill with Docker, Powershell, Jenkins/TeamCity, Chef, Ansible, Git/TFS, or similar. Implementation experience with CI, CD and DevOps solutions.
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud-based environments using cloud agnostic tools and techniques. AWS experience a plus.
- Understanding of best practices, standards and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill; with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
- Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions.
- Self-directed with the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead team members on an application solution.
- Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance, ISSO2 strongly desired.
- Demonstrated effective performance in a team-oriented environment
- US Citizen with Ability to obtain 6C Federal security clearance.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK () .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at or .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Web Reference : AJF/434739781-202
Posted Date : Sat, 24 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Nelnet. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe