CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture. Summary
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Agronomy business. We are looking for a Financial Analyst, Expert who will be responsible for all FP&A activity for the Crop Protection, Crop Nutrients and Allegiant Seed retail product lines. This includes, but is not limited to, financial budgeting, Long-Range Planning, forecasting, and financial decision analysis & business support. This position will execute complex financial analysis and communicate complex information clearly to all levels of management. The position will also work closely with counterparts in the wholesale agronomy finance team for full product line analyses.
The person in this role is able to work a hybrid work schedule. Responsibilities
Provide Financial Decision Analysis & Support
- Execute complex financial analysis to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve margins and/or reduce risk.
- Analyze financial data, market trends, and industry benchmarks to gather findings and insights that can be leveraged to improve the BU decision making capabilities; prepare appropriate communications to leaders.
- Enable decision making via the delivery of high impact financial analyses of Crop Protection and Crop Nutrients product lines.
- Partner closely with the Business Intelligence/AI team to develop sophisticated predictive analytics and forecasting models.
- In-depth knowledge and analyses of sophisticated rebating platforms and their impact on business results.
- Lead ad-hoc projects without significant guidance from leadership.
Strengthen Financial Forecasting & Analytical Capabilities
- Partner with retail business unit to enhance financial forecasting capabilities and increase forecast accuracy.
- Partner with FP&A to develop financial dashboards, models and reports for Commercial Leadership and Divisional Leaders.
- Lead process improvement projects that focus on budgeting and long-range planning.
Support Annual Budget/LRP & Quarterly Forecast Process
- Support the enterprise planning process, including the annual budget, long range plan and quarterly forecast.
- Conduct long-range plan and quarterly forecast analysis to identify historical trends, drivers of growth and track against enterprise and business-specific strategic initiatives.
- Support quarterly cost savings and expense management analysis to drive deeper understanding and management of spending across the business.
- This position is expected to hire and manage the performance of his/her personnel to meet the needs of the assigned business unit(s) and create an environment where the best people are rewarded and challenged to take on increasing levels responsibilities.
- Able to assume a role of authority as necessary; advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved; set an example for coworkers; delegate responsibility and empower associates to make decisions; provide constructive feedback to others.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Provide support to the General Accounting teams as necessary, including rebate accruals, inventory (LCM), asset, and other impairment analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 7 plus years of FP&A experience or other relevant experience
- Ability to solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- In depth understanding of budgeting, long-range planning and forecasting processes as well as various financial statements (Balance Sheet, P&L, Statement of Cash Flow).
- Confirmed proficiency in financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting.
- Demonstrated learning agility with the ability to understand complex business problems.
- Experienced user of ERP systems and forecasting tools as well as strong experience working with various types of data and information.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor others and thrive in a team environment.
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset with the desire to lead change initiatives.
- CPA or MBA preferred
- The successful candidate will be ambitious, driven, have a high degree of professional curiosity
- Large ERP experience, such as SAP or Agris
- BPC, BI and/or Power BI reporting experience
- Experience in the agronomy industry is preferred
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Web Reference : AJF/417236562-202
Posted Date : Fri, 23 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of CHS Inc. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe