Located in Des Moines, IAGeneral Responsibilities:
Work as part of the IP Operations team implementing transport capacity solutions for the corporate backbone network. Assist in generating written documentation to support the installation and configuration of SONET and optical transport equipment. Assist in implementing other aspects of the telecommunication network including synchronization and timing, fault alarm telemetry systems, and data communications networks.Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide implementation for all company managed IP networks and all applications of IP Technologies
- Maintain and update engineering records of the network including network maps, databases, optical schematics, and wavelength plans.
- Provide technical support to NOC and other technical operations groups to resolve open IP Operations related tickets and issues.
- Provide technical support and technical expertise concerning the operation of the IP Routers, Switches, SONET and Optical Transport networks.
- Provide technical support to Equipment Installers and Network Testers as required.
- Implement new network builds or augmentations which include all aspects of Layer 1 thru Layer 4 IP services delivery.
- Provide technical support to sales and sales engineering associates when required.
- Understand technical issues and the implications on the business and be able to communicate them with other operating departments within the business.
- Develop, provide and maintain positive communication with vendors for diagnosing and rectifying problems
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and employees
- Perform ongoing online maintenance and diagnostics to network
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: To apply for this position, please submit your resume via the method listed below: Website:
- Associate's degree in computer science, Networking, or equivalent experience
- Technical school, military training or equivalent work experience
- Ability to learn new software, troubleshoot digital data and voice networks
- Some Cisco experience required. Cisco CCNA or equivalent a plus.
- 1 - 3 years experience with a carrier or a carrier network vendor; transmission product technology knowledge (NORTEL S/DMS preferred); TDM and circuit switched network experience. Telecom equipment installations experience a plus.
- Optical transport knowledge a plus; including the following: specifications of different optical fiber types, optical loss budgets, dispersion compensation, DWDM technologies. Utilize vendor supplied software to model optical network loss budgets.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 switching and routing protocols: ie MPLS, OSPF, VPN, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Working knowledge of IP Address administration and domain management.
- Working knowledge of transport protocols ie ATM, Frame Relay, SONET, or Ethernet.
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Web Reference : AJF/354774349-202
Posted Date : Sun, 26 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Mediacom. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe