Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we're at the forefront.
We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. SoFi Invest is SoFi's new investment platform that includes our market-leading robo-advisor, online brokerage (stock and ETF trading), and crypto investing products.
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all - implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Delivering resilient and scalable code
- Owning and ideating on technical solutions for product requirements and user stories with minimal supervision
- Participating in code and design reviews
- Generating ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Communicating engineering concepts and efforts with outside stakeholders in product marketing, operations, business, legal, and compliance
- Working in a fast-moving, highly-collaborative environment across multiple offices
Nice To Have
- Bachelor's Degree, in a technical field
- 1 year programming experience, ideally on a modern stack. Internships and relevant school experience will be considered.
- Our core stack is Java/Kotlin/Spring/PostgreSQL/React. Familiarity with any OOP language and an understanding of relational databases is a great start.
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests.
- Agile Development Experience
- API Design experience
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others, and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and diving deep into the details
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.