Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC, a joint venture between Leonardo DRS and Thales USA, is a technical leader in the fields of sonar systems, sonar signal processing, acoustic training systems, and open architecture system and software integration. The venture focuses on emerging areas in the undersea warfare domain where the customer has identified mission-critical needs.
Advanced Acoustic Concepts is seeking a Principal Lead Software Engineer Architect for our acoustic simulation, training, and tactical systems business area. This position will be responsible for driving technology and competitiveness of our software development approach for our product lines.
Primary and Essential Accountabilities
- Lead the product migration to high-performance cloud architectures in an agile, DevSecOps environment
- Responsible for driving technology in our acoustic simulation, training, and tactical systems products
- Develop vision and roadmaps for our acoustic simulation, training, and tactical systems products
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs and proposals to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Lead software development projects; plan, track, and schedule software deliverables; resolve issues/problems within software systems
- Investigate, develop, and direct solutions to critical challenges involving software and hardware interface
- Guide development of software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems, and services
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Lead/Participate heavily in preparation of complex and significant proposals
- Mentor, train, manage, and coach members of technical staff; Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Develop good working relationships with program and technical management, business development, system engineers, other professionals, technicians, and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the mission, values, and culture of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum of 8 years of directly related experience
- Familiarity with enterprise cloud architectures and high-performance computing for cloud migration, AI/ML, CGI, etc.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service solutions with both licensed and open source components
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms.
- Enterprise Architecture and Cybersecurity certifications
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge
- Active DoD Security Clearance preferred
- Experience with Virtualization, Cyber and Information Assurance
- Certifications in enterprise cloud architecture (AWS, Azure, RedHat Solutions Architect), cyber resilience (CISSP, CEH, CISM), artificial intelligence, or other enterprise architecture certifications
- Lifting (up to 20 lbs.): up to 25% of time
- Walking: up to 25% of time
- Climbing, Bending, Standing, Stooping: up to 10% of time
- Sitting: up to 75% of time
- Travel: up to 10% of time
AAC works on a 9/80 compressed work schedule whereby employees work 80 hours in 2 weeks with every other Friday off.
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Web Reference : AJF/356357533-202
Posted Date : Sun, 19 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Leonardo DRS. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe