Leidos has an opening for an experienced and self-starting scientific ASW Project Lead and Analyst in the High-Fidelity Simulation business area, located at a US Government facility in Bethesda, MD; to support the development and delivery of synthetic training systems and tactical decision aids systems.
The candidate manages the delivery of Sonar Tactical Decision Aids (TDAs) for the US Navy with a focus on Sonar Tactical Decision Aid (STDA) for Advanced Processor Build (APB) systems along related components. Candidate supports the development and testing of STDA, within a matrix organization, that are used onboard submarines. Candidate's responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing the delivery of STDA requirements working with an Integrated Product Team.
- Participating in activities necessary to the delivery acoustic STDA capabilities. These activities include one or more of the following: Requirements Definition, Funding Requirements; Analysis and Engineering; System Analysis and Design; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System and Operational Performance Analysis; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
- Communicating the status of the deliverable to program management and government customer(s) within an agile development framework.
- Conducting integration testing of STDA products to verify the quality of deliverables.
- Communicating with system integrators during the evaluation and testing of STDA capabilities.
- Communicating requirements to system engineers within the matrix organization to establish Engineering Data Models (EDMs) to facilitate testing at NSWCCD.
- Interacting with internal developers; as well as external tactical development team members, military personnel, and civilian DoD customers, to ensure that STDA requirements are captured and designed into the system.
- Fifteen years of experience directly related to ASW operations, systems, and theory; including approximately 12 years of fleet experience related to the evaluations, operation, or utilization at-sea sonar systems (eg, BQQ-10, SQQ-89, etc.)
- Must have subject matter expertise in at least one of the following subject areas: sonar system operation, underwater acoustics, underwater sound propagation, or tactical oceanography.
- Must demonstrate the ability to guide a team in the completion of a project.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines.
- Must demonstrate an ability to learn and apply new skills, a commitment to excellence, and a dedication to producing quality work results.
- Must be comfortable communicating with software developers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Associate degree from an accredited educational institution in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Acoustics.
- Comfortable working with computer terminals to provide information to the development team; including a willingness to learn basic Linux commands.
- Familiar with software development and agile methodologies.
- Incorporate new tools and processes to fulfill organizational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to see a project to completion.Able to work successfully in a team environment of 40+ personnel.
Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Web Reference : AJF/412314893-202
Posted Date : Sat, 24 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Leidos. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe